Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys, im going to be receiving my DODGE letters this weekend hopefully for my 2013 R/T Redline and had some quesitons for people who already have the letters on their hood/nose of car. my challenger does not have the ram emblem on the front. i dont hate it but dont love it either so i am thinking of putting my DODGE letters on the nose of car. they will be in matte black which will be different but i think will look great with the car. how big are the letters for people that have done this? 3/4 " , 1 " ? the ones i am getting are 1 inch tall but it seems kind of small to me when i look at it through a ruler u know. the DODGE letters in the tailight are 3/4" , i thought they were bigger but guess not. what do you guys think will look best? THanks

·
Registered
15,813 Posts
Somebody just posted the other day about installing the letters on their nose but I can't remember which thread, hopefully someone will know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive seen some posts about it but i dont think ive seen anyone mention what size they used. hopefully someone responds...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Depends how you are getting them. If they are OEM they will be applied to a removable strip already lined out and ready to apply. All you have to do is center it and youre done. If not, use masking tape to get them lined out (properly spaced). Remove the adhesive backing on the letters and apply the strip of letters which are now attached to the masking tape, secure and remove the tape.

Reactions: RT2011

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i will probably use the masking tape idea, however i just want to know how big people are going with these letters. the ones i am getting are going to be 1 inch in height but i dont know if thats too big or too small... i will play around with it once i get it and probably draw and cut out black letters and tape on different sizes to compare.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I scored some 3/4" tail light letters (take-offs), placed them up 3/4" (width of the layout tape) from the lip of hood, centered the D and spaced the rest 2 5/8" (edge to edge) apart. I kept the letters straight across and did not follow the curve of the hood.

If I take them off and do it again, I'll probably go 2 1/2" or even 2 1/4" apart for better visual aesthetics.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I scored some 3/4" tail light letters (take-offs), placed them up 3/4" (width of the layout tape) from the lip of hood, centered the D and spaced the rest 2 5/8" (edge to edge) apart. I kept the letters straight across and did not follow the curve of the hood.

If I take them off and do it again, I'll probably go 2 1/2" or even 2 1/4" apart for better visual aesthetics.

Can you possibly post a few pics of how it looks... thanks man!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You beat me to it; I was in the midst of uploading and added to my post after your request.
thanks man! looks nice. i plan to put mine on the nose so it will look different. how did u like the size in the end? i am thinking of doing 1 inch so they will be a big bigger... i plan to cut out letters and tape them for reference when i get off work in an hour...

·
Registered
347 Posts
thanks man! looks nice. i plan to put mine on the nose so it will look different. how did u like the size in the end? i am thinking of doing 1 inch so they will be a big bigger... i plan to cut out letters and tape them for reference when i get off work in an hour...

Thank you for the complement.
I like symmetry, so the front matches the back since they are the same. I tried the nose, but it looked off to me so I put them where you see them now.
Actually, the ideal position (for me) would have been centered on the gap where the hood meets the fascia, but that wasn't gonna happen.
Like I said, I think maybe a 1/4 - 1/2 inch closer together might look a little better. Play around with several different positions until you find something you like.
Rotsa ruck, G.I.!

·
Registered
425 Posts
i used te avenger back letters . . . only $35 bucks and laid out perfectly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts