Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my vin last night and on the print out it says d-status. So I was wondering how much longer of a wait before I get the car. I ordered my non IE 392 on 1/17/11. Black with stripe delete fully loaded and IE wheels.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
From that status to my dealer was 3 weeks. You may give it another week on top of that because yours has to be striped, mine did not. I know this doesn't help your anxiety, but the wait will be worth it.

Jack

·
Registered
159 Posts
I ordered my black 392 on 2/04 - Just when D1 Status yesterday. I also ordered an IE that went to D status in October and still hasn't showed up. Hopefully we won't be waiting that long. I think your stripe delete may help.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
To be honest it varies...rule of thumb though for D1 status only is 45 days after. I ordered in Nov. and just hit D1 on the 18th. See my sig. for timeline.

·
Registered
421 Posts
To be honest it varies...rule of thumb though for D1 status only is 45 days after. I ordered in Nov. and just hit D1 on the 18th. See my sig. for timeline.
45 day's after you hit D1 status and his car is coming without stripes on it? I ask cause I'm in the same boat, mine has the stripe delete so I'm thinking it should be quicker if you arent having stripes put on the car.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
45 day's after you hit D1 status and his car is coming without stripes on it? I ask cause I'm in the same boat, mine has the stripe delete so I'm thinking it should be quicker if you arent having stripes put on the car.
Its a very general rule of thumb. Of course stripe delete will come sooner then a car with stripes. Thats not to say it still will not take 45 days from D1 to delivery. I waited 6 months from order to dealer for my 09. mY current ride was sitting in D for 2 weeks before hitting D1 on the 18th of Feb. and still has not moved from D1. I really dont plan on seeing this car till End of March or begining of April.

Good luck...I am sure it will be worth it in the end no doubt.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I ask cause here in NJ, a dealer has a fully loaded white IE for sale sitting on it's lot and I've been thinking of just getting that one instead of waiting on my Redline which had an estimated delivery date of 3/14 or so. Honestly, I'd rather have the white IE but those damn white seats scare me to death. I have all these reasons for getting the IE and they're all good reasons but once I think about those seats getting scuffed and dirty, that's enough for me to just wait on my Redline. This will be an everyday daily driver for me and will also be a show car just like my Charger Daytona is now. But those seats are a really big turn off for me.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey Ron, gave my dealer the ultimatum yesterday. Told him a day past March 30 is a deal-breaker and told him that I don't care what he does, that I want it there buy then or he's out of a sale. He told me he would put a "rush" on it. You should try putting some pressure on your dealer and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I ask cause here in NJ, a dealer has a fully loaded white IE for sale sitting on it's lot and I've been thinking of just getting that one instead of waiting on my Redline which had an estimated delivery date of 3/14 or so. Honestly, I'd rather have the white IE but those damn white seats scare me to death. I have all these reasons for getting the IE and they're all good reasons but once I think about those seats getting scuffed and dirty, that's enough for me to just wait on my Redline. This will be an everyday daily driver for me and will also be a show car just like my Charger Daytona is now. But those seats are a really big turn off for me.
Agree with ya on the seats..was a show stopper for me and the IE car. That said though its like anything else you love them or hate them...Like some owners like stripes some could care less...sunroofs fall in the same catagory. In the end you put a higher priority on things you can live with and things you can't (i.e. your taste) and move on. Personally I would just wait it out. You have your Daytona to keep you occupied till this ride comes in ;) I had a Go Mango Go before i sold it and loved it. Seems where both in D1 with the same color car..might be built around the same time if they roll out a batch of same color cars at one time. Hang tough it will come thru!:guiness:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I called the customer service number again to findout what's the deal with my car and why hasn't it moved from D1 now for almost 2 weeks after it moved to a new step each week after I put my order in. The woman I talked to, Lorraine?, she remembered me from other calls by me and asked me, your car is STILL at D1? She changed the tone of her voice when she said the word "still." So she connected me to some customer relations supervisor and he said he's going to findout why my car is stuck at D1. He was saying it didnt make any sense since it's a good order and has been approved for building. I did tell him that there is a white IE at a NJ dealership in an automatic at another dealer that I would take but I'm not crazy about those white seats and that is what's holding me back from dropping the order I have now. He said that the custom relations department has had many complaints over the fitness of the covers and they are coming to the conclusion that many IE's would most likely sit on dealer lots just because of the seats and that they may have dropped the ball with the color of them. Dont hold me to this but just from the way he sounded on the phone, there might be some kind of fix/repair one day for them. Maybe a TSB?
Harrison, I'm working all week and wont be able to get to my dealer until Monday, but I will give them a deadline also. Since I put my order in, I've been handed over to 3 different salesman since my orginal salesman died. I really dont want the car when there still is a chance for snow but come on already, atleast start building it and show some progress on it. Cause waiting another 45 day's from my reaching D1 status is simply unacceptable to me.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I hear you, Ron. When I called the 1-800-Chrysler number yesterday the only way they could find out my status was with the VON, not the VIN. I told the guy on the phone, Richard, that I was stuck in D, which he didn't seem to know about; but it was probably the most pleasant customer service conversation I've ever had, you can tell they're Canadian. I keep hearing that my car is "on the line" and "gateline to be built". If it really is on the line it should have been built by now. This isn't 1970 where they're hand assembled. I keep thinking back to Ultimate Factories where they said that 400 cars are built each day.... How many people could have possibly ordered a Challenger?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I hear you, Ron. When I called the 1-800-Chrysler number yesterday the only way they could find out my status was with the VON, not the VIN. I told the guy on the phone, Richard, that I was stuck in D, which he didn't seem to know about; but it was probably the most pleasant customer service conversation I've ever had, you can tell they're Canadian. I keep hearing that my car is "on the line" and "gateline to be built". If it really is on the line it should have been built by now. This isn't 1970 where they're hand assembled. I keep thinking back to Ultimate Factories where they said that 400 cars are built each day.... How many people could have possibly ordered a Challenger?
Just remember the same line spits out Chargers and 300s as well. :)

When your car is actually started it'll go quick. I went from Framing to Built Pending Inspection in 24 hours.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Agree with ya on the seats..was a show stopper for me and the IE car. That said though its like anything else you love them or hate them...Like some owners like stripes some could care less...sunroofs fall in the same catagory. In the end you put a higher priority on things you can live with and things you can't (i.e. your taste) and move on. Personally I would just wait it out. You have your Daytona to keep you occupied till this ride comes in ;) I had a Go Mango Go before i sold it and loved it. Seems where both in D1 with the same color car..might be built around the same time if they roll out a batch of same color cars at one time. Hang tough it will come thru!:guiness:
Well said Ranger it's all about what's important to you and that varies from person to on here from color to gas mileage as important. :)

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I called the customer service number again to findout what's the deal with my car and why hasn't it moved from D1 now for almost 2 weeks after it moved to a new step each week after I put my order in. The woman I talked to, Lorraine?, she remembered me from other calls by me and asked me, your car is STILL at D1? She changed the tone of her voice when she said the word "still." So she connected me to some customer relations supervisor and he said he's going to findout why my car is stuck at D1. He was saying it didnt make any sense since it's a good order and has been approved for building. I did tell him that there is a white IE at a NJ dealership in an automatic at another dealer that I would take but I'm not crazy about those white seats and that is what's holding me back from dropping the order I have now. He said that the custom relations department has had many complaints over the fitness of the covers and they are coming to the conclusion that many IE's would most likely sit on dealer lots just because of the seats and that they may have dropped the ball with the color of them. Dont hold me to this but just from the way he sounded on the phone, there might be some kind of fix/repair one day for them. Maybe a TSB?
Harrison, I'm working all week and wont be able to get to my dealer until Monday, but I will give them a deadline also. Since I put my order in, I've been handed over to 3 different salesman since my orginal salesman died. I really dont want the car when there still is a chance for snow but come on already, atleast start building it and show some progress on it. Cause waiting another 45 day's from my reaching D1 status is simply unacceptable to me.

I ordered my Billet with gray stripes 1/14/11 and have not hit D1 yet. I went to the dealer this morning to check to make sure I was not doing something wrong(like had written down the wrong vin number). I got a print out that comfirms that I am still in status D. Dodge did tack on an extra 205 bucks for the WPA IE style wheels also. The dealer acted surprised by that. It was kind of funny. I asked him if they added the extra wheel price. He said very strongly that once my order was in, my price was locked. Then he printed out my order and was speachless when he saw it. I was not worried about it because he is already selling me the car at dealer invoice. It is really only a 223 dollar bump in price.

Hey, 70challengerrt, I guess you are sticking with your second car order? Black and Gray stripe car?

Oh, buy the way. This same dealer does not advertise his price on the net but you will not get a better price. He has a white with blue stripe auto trans IE car in his show room right now that is number 16 of 1100 on dash tag. If you do not mind coming to Oklahoma to look at it. PM me if you want his info.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Harrison, remember that IE that was damaged at Warnock? If you looked on their website, they've got it listed for a $2,000 discounted price. I never did go back there to see the number of it. Either they have 2 there that were damaged or they've got it listed twice on their website because they have two IE's listed at $49,000 something with a $2,000 discount. Warnock likes to use their cars as take home cars/demo's for their salesman so I'm thinknig this might be the case here.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just remember the same line spits out Chargers and 300s as well. :)

When your car is actually started it'll go quick. I went from Framing to Built Pending Inspection in 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right and I think this is just a case of me being impatient. I'm not going crazy just yet, I'd just like to see some progress on my car. I now find myself checking the Insight website almost hourly, like it's actually gonna change from the last time I ckecked it, lol. It's become a habit cause I remember being so excited when I first got report's of a new status for my car. So I was expecting it to be built quickly and be shipped out, especially since it isnt having stripes put on it.
I think what got me going was the fact that Insight was saying the delivery date to the dealership was the 19th, last Saturday. Then when that day came and went, that info disappeared from the website. So I was thinking the car was built and it arrived there. I even had my salesman walking around the parking lot looking for my car.
I just dont want this to turn out to be a wait like it was back in '89 when I ordered a Thunderbird Super Coupe, the last car I had built for me. I put my order in early March and the car never arrived until August, infact, I was at the dealer to get my deposit back when the truck pulled up with the car on it.

Ron

·
Registered
653 Posts
Figured that Warnock would just take it to the body shop and then throw it back out there. The guy never gave me the dash plaque number...
Cuda, I have to stick with this order; responded to you on the 2011 order problems thread.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
check my math

Ok, someone check my math here. 3 car lines. I am guessing 15000 cars each. Chargers, 300s, and Challengers. 45000 Cars total. 400 cars built per day. 45000/400=112.5 days or /30 = 3.75 months. If they started building all the cars, say first of Dec. They should be done building all the cars for the year by the end of march. WHERE IS MINE? lol I know it never really works this way. Just funning...

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
my car was built and went to stripes before Christmas....still not at the dealer yet...so you could be waiting 3 months yet

·
Registered
159 Posts
my car was built and went to stripes before Christmas....still not at the dealer yet...so you could be waiting 3 months yet
The IE I ordered on 9/24 was built on 1/13 and just now is getting near the dealership.

But I don't think the holdup is going to apply to the non-IE cars. - Certainly not ones with stripe delete. FWIW, the black car I ordered on 2/4 went to D1 on 2/18.... I'm hoping it keeps moving quickly.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts