Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
The promised drop of those springs, 2.2”, is quite significant. You will need to replace shocks and struts either when you install the springs or shortly thereafter when they wear out from the lowered ride height.

You will also likely need some special hardware to allow for proper alignment, like control arms with adjustable ball joints in them. FYI: This hardware will be as much or more (very likely more) than the new shocks/struts.

Saving $100 on those springs could be penny wise but pound foolish if you aren’t careful.

Do you have to go for such an extreme drop? A milder one, like 1-1.5” would not require the extra alignment hardware, and you could get away with the stock shocks/struts longer too.

Eibach Sport and Mopar Stage 1 springs will do this for you easily, and they have many more users who can attest to their operation among the membership here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input.

The eibach sportline says 2” from a base RT.
Molar stage 1 was around 1.5
H&R is 1.7 F and 1.4 R

I was targeting something close to 2”

I didn’t think a couple of tenths of an inch one way or another would mean a lot

No I do not intend to change anything else.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
I think 2" drop on a RT would be ok as opposed to a 2" drop on a SRT, I like the idea of the Mopar Stage 1's but they sit too high in the rear for me, but some like that look.
FYI I have Eibach Sportline's on my SRT, I have a rear alignment issue which may or may not be connected to them, I have not had a chance to check the alignment yet, it is on the to do list as it is not a high priority issue at this stage.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ive got the H&R springs. Id recommend adjustable uppers and adjustable rears also. Otherwise the suspension geometry will be off and youll eat tires or wear on edges

1 - 5 of 5 Posts