Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T, 6 speed
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a set of D2 springs on today because for $170 and an afternoon I figured it was worth a shot. Huge bang for the buck with these springs. Still running the stock Bilsteins with 5k miles on them because the damping on them feels about perfect to me. Not sure how much it dropped because I didn't measure (end result was more important than numbers to me). The ride is a little stiffer, body roll is reduced by a huge margin and they close up the gap nicely. Running 275/40R20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on Hellcat replica wheels and good lord this thing feels glued to the ground.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

·
Banned
423 Posts
Put a set of D2 springs on today because for $170 and an afternoon I figured it was worth a shot. Huge bang for the buck with these springs. Still running the stock Bilsteins with 5k miles on them because the damping on them feels about perfect to me. Not sure how much it dropped because I didn't measure (end result was more important than numbers to me). The ride is a little stiffer, body roll is reduced by a huge margin and they close up the gap nicely. Running 275/40R20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on Hellcat replica wheels and good lord this thing feels glued to the ground. View attachment 996288
Can you post your alignment results after the springs were put on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
423 Posts
I would recommend for you to go to a place like firestone who has the unlimited alignment, when you take for the first time you will have camber issue how bad? That’s the other question, you may or may not have to buy additional parts to fix the camber issues then you need to get it realigned again or you may want to try a slight negative camber as some people like it since they say the car perform better on the twist and turns, but you can always go back and test the alignments and you don’t have to keep paying

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T, 6 speed
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would recommend for you to go to a place like firestone who has the unlimited alignment, when you take for the first time you will have camber issue how bad? That’s the other question, you may or may not have to buy additional parts to fix the camber issues then you need to get it realigned again or you may want to try a slight negative camber as some people like it since they say the car perform better on the twist and turns, but you can always go back and test the alignments and you don’t have to keep paying

That's a good idea with the firestone unlimited alignment. A little bit of negative camber I'll keep as I do trackdays. If it's extreme, I'll get some control arms so they can dial it back a bit. I'm actually pretty impressed with how the car handles with just the springs. Swaybars and better brakes are in the very near future. Did better pads and fluid to make it through last weekends trackday but that stuff will be coming off soon.

·
Banned
423 Posts
That's a good idea with the firestone unlimited alignment. A little bit of negative camber I'll keep as I do trackdays. If it's extreme, I'll get some control arms so they can dial it back a bit. I'm actually pretty impressed with how the car handles with just the springs. Swaybars and better brakes are in the very near future. Did better pads and fluid to make it through last weekends trackday but that stuff will be coming off soon.
If you ever get tired or don’t want to do track for a season you can always go back to Firestone and get it re align. My buddy does negative camber on the summer the he goes back to normal during fall and winter.
D2 according to them does 2.2 drop that’s very aggressive I hope you don’t have a lot of negative camber, the rear ones are more temperamental even on mild drops. perhaps a camber kit?

I end up doing the BMR spring, they gave me a good deal, $213 out the door shipped and taxes. I will also tell you a strut tower will make a difference, and once again they gave me a good deal, front and rear strut tower both for $240. BMR is good product

Since the D2 is more aggressive than H&R and sportline I am curious to see how much your camber was affected

1 - 7 of 7 Posts