Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to thE track yesterday and did some logging. I'm getting knk St retard after the shift from 1 to 2nd then again at the 2 to 3 shift and again at the 3 to 4 shift. What does this mean? Am I getting a knock at the shift that is pulling timing??

I have the 93 cai tune installed and richened up the mixture 6% in the 1000-3800, then 5% in the 4000-4800 Rome and 6% in the 5000 to 7000 rpm range.

My wideband shows mixtures between 11.8 at lower toms andcreeping towered 13 right before the shift. At the shift there's a lean spike as the throttle plates close (I never lifted my foot).

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Most of the time you will get ST knock right after a shift. If you are not getting any ST knock in between shifting you are doing damn good on the 93 tune. I believe even with the tune there is still a little torque management causing the throttle plates to close during a powershift. Either that our you are bumping on the rev limitter a little.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mine shows ST KNK regularly after shifts and during the runs through the gears.

More fuel has never helped at all with my car, only pulling timing showed any reduction in ST KNK. I'm sure it fuel quality I'm dealing with, at times I get minimal knk, then the next fill up its back.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What I'm seeing is the PCM closing the throttle plates at each shift. I'm holding the pedal to the floor. When the throttle plate closes, theres a massive lean spike which happens whenever the plate closes (ie it's normal). Then when the throttle plate reopens, the St knk happens and it gradually drops to 0 until the next shift.

I am going to add a little more fuel in the upper ranges. Right now, I don't have my lm1 wideband output plugged into the trinity cause the damn cable I bought for it didn't fit. DOH!! So im getting airfuel readings on one device but no rpm correlation and the rest of the log on the trinity.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the st knk go down (or away) if I go to the 91 CAI tune instead of the 93 CAI tune? And If I change to the 91, can I stay with the same WOT Fuel add that I have or will I need to remeasure and readjust that using my wideband? In other words, are the WOT fuel maps the same between the 91 and the 93 tunes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts