Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a B5 Blue 2010 SRT8 Challenger with 32569 miles on it and in pristine condition. I took the car in to have the TPM system caution lite checked and they recommended I replace my rear tires. I brought the car home today and washed it and noticed that the mechanic had damaged both rear rims in either removing or installing the new rear tires. The damage is not very visible unless you get close on inspection but it looks as if the Dodge mechanic was not very careful in performing this pretty simple task.

Any advice on what I should do with regard to my local Dodge dealer who I've used for routine maintenance? Should I ask for some type of repair or credit on future maintenance?

Thank you very much

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,642 Posts
Based on your post, it appears you take great care and are proud of your car. Damage like you deacribe is almost always preventable. It certainly bears mentioning. Compensation for it? Ask and see what happens. At a minimum, the service guy needs to know that damaging someone’s car by being careless or indifferent is unacceptable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
contact the dealership right away and show them the damage do not wait. if it is slight cosmetic damage only, most dealers deal with a wheel repair company that can fix the problem. if too much damage they should replace the wheels. I manage a shop at a dealership, and yes sometimes we screw up but we always fix our mistakes, as I would like to think most placed would. by the way the wheel repair company I use is a mobile service, so down time to repair two wheels would only be an hour or so

·
Registered
274 Posts
The dealership damaged one of the rims on my wife's Grand Cherokee when she got new tires. I took it back the next day to show them, and they had us leave it for a day to get repaired by the wheel repair company.
They even gave her a loaner car. I would let the dealer know about it. They will most likely take care of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts