Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a ride today to a dealership here in NJ because I saw on their website that they have 4, 2011 Challenger's in stock and I wanted to see the colors in person. One is a toxic orange R/T. Online it doesn't look to great but in person the car is sharp looking. Two R/T's are red like I'm getting, the other was a white IE SRT. I got out and looked at it and the seats really didnt impress me at all. It looked like the material wasn't snug against the cushion under the seat and it looked like it could rip easily. But when I walked around to the right side of the car, what I saw on the roof, shocked me. If this was my car, I'd be so damn pissed and make them get me a new car somehow. The car is damaged on the roof line just above the rear window and you can clearly see that there is a crease in the roof line. There is this rust color all over the back of the roof too.The back window is also cracked. I thought all the Challenger's had this crease but I looked at the two red ones there and they didnt have that crease. Someone is really gonna pay for this screw up! I was so shocked by the damage that I forgot to even look at what number it was. In red arrows is where the crease is, in yellow is the cracked window.

It's just sad that someone paid $52,000 for this car and it arrives damaged like that. They waited since November to get the car and that's the condition it arrives in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I hope it's one they ordered for stock and not a customer. I know the dealer had nothing to do with it but I'ld have a hard time not going off on them after waiting 2 months.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thought's exactly. There can be no way to even replace it unless they could get one from another dealership. Even that would be hard to do because I'm pretty sure another dealer isnt going to part with it's prize car so easily. And to think, this is the same dealership that I bought my two Daytona's from. I'm glad I didnt buy my SRT from them.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Wow, could you please get the number so we can make note of that IE being damaged. The value of that car is shot, just look at the body work they will have to do to correct it and they have to disclose the damage to the buyer.

·
Registered
711 Posts
My guess would be it was loaded backwards on the the car hauler, the rust color is hydraulic fluid that may have leaked and the upper tier may have come down ontop of the roof of this car. The owner would get a replacment, That will be repaired and sold on the dealer floor.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, could you please get the number so we can make note of that IE being damaged. The value of that car is shot, just look at the body work they will have to do to correct it and they have to disclose the damage to the buyer.

I'm working late all week (10PM) so getting the number might be tough. I dont know if they'll move the car or not but to leave the car outside like that with a cracked window. WTF!!!!!!! I went to the dealer today since they are closed on Sunday's and so I wouldnt have to deal with any salesman. But the dealership is Warnock in East Hanover NJ. If anyone is looking for an IE SRT, dont buy one from them. They used to be real great and used to be the NY metro area's distributor of Charger police cars at one time but not anymore.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Glad that wasn't mine! I feel bad if it was an ordered car. :(

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I hope it's one they ordered for stock and not a customer. I know the dealer had nothing to do with it but I'ld have a hard time not going off on them after waiting 2 months.

who has waited 2 months? im up to 4.5 months

id walk away from this one for sure...no way

when were up to the $50k range i expect Corvette/ Lexus quality

·
Registered
820 Posts
The sad part is that the truck carrier guys don't give crap. If a car has damage they do what they can to get it past the dealership, once they sign the release document it is the dealerships problem.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Yeah I'd want to know what number that car is in case I was ever to run across it looking to buy one.:fight:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Shouldn't be hard. It should show up on the Chrysler dealer stock check, either now or soon. That gives you the VIN.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow and find out what number it is since I live in the area. If I forget to do it somebody bump the thread for me and I'll get it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the 2 month thing from the op. I thought you guys have waited longer than that.

I know you guy's were waiting longer, I just said 2 month's without thinking. Still shocked at the damage I guess.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
When you go to the dealership, there are 4 there. The white SRT and 3 R/T's (2 red's and an orange) sitting in the lot in the back. They are 2011's because of course the white with blue stripes, plus the window sticker say's so and the R/T's the lower front doesnt have the smiley face on it. Guess they didn't update their system yet but the cars are there. You have to drive into the lot and drive all the way in the back where they keep their stock to see the cars.
Just looked at your link now, this must be the car on the lot because they only had 1 white SRT.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looking on the bright side of things.

Ill offer $33k to that dealer for purchase of that car :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are 4 SRT's there?

One 2011 white IE SRT and 3 R/T's (one is orange and 2 are red) sitting in the back where they keep their stock. They dont have any gates so you can actually drive your car up and down the rows of cars in the back. This is a big dealership, about the size of a football field.
They have many left over 2010 SRT's from what I could see inside their show room on the floor. A red one, a silver I think and a few FF R/T's sitting out front and one in the back with snow covering it.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
So.......... here is the VIN 2B3CJ7DJ6BH501349

1 - 20 of 51 Posts