Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , so I just got a 2013 dodge challenger from auction and dont really no much about it just yet. When I put the key fob directly into the ignition it starts right up with no problems . I can even lock and unlock the doors . But if I insert my push start button into the ignition (foot on break) I get the error message (damaged key) and it will not start. I have already tried to replace the batteries and that didn't help either. Something else I've noticed is that if the doors are locked and I walked up to the door with the key fob and hit the button on the door handle, nothing happens. Have anyone had this problem? Can anyone guide me into fixing this issue. Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think you will need to make a trip to the dealership service dept. & get your fob programmed to the car. A good lock shop, maybe one recommended by AAA, may also be able to resolve your concern with the key fob.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2012. It turned out to be the receiver module unit behind the dash was bad. It was still under warranty, so I don't know how much it cost. They replaced that part and it has been fine since then.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm not sure how the 2013 works - but I have a 2019 - if the FOB is in your pocket, you put your hand underneath the door handle to unlock the car. The button on top is for locking the car, if the FOB is in your pocket.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Also I would be terrified at the maintenance practices of the person(s) before you, buying that car at auction. Is that SXT, RT or SRT8?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts