Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of the sudden, my starter pushbutton won't start the car. The remote fob works fine at lock and unlock and trunk release, but when I get in the car I push the starter button and nothing...the dash chimes and the message "Damaged Key" flashes on the guage.

I replaced the battery, no change.

I tried my second key, no change.

Anyone have any ideas what has happened, or if there is a remedy?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Go figure, we are getting the "No FOB Detected" on our dash read out. Both FOB's are doing it. Goes into the dealer tomorrow to get reflashed to fix the problem. They say that will fix it.

Maybe your could be the same kinda problem. Contact your dealer and see if there is a reflash for your prob. as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The new FOBs seem to be a little flaky. My '10 went heywire the other day, the lights were continuously flashing, the windows would roll down by themselves and the door would not stay locked. Defective fob was sending out random signals by itself.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
All of the sudden, my starter pushbutton won't start the car. The remote fob works fine at lock and unlock and trunk release, but when I get in the car I push the starter button and nothing...the dash chimes and the message "Damaged Key" flashes on the guage.

I had that happen. The key still started the car when I removed the button and used the key to turn the ignition. The failure happened suddenly and my dealer ended up replacing the key to correct it. The repair also included resetting the PEM (Passive Entry Module).
Since that repair (last September) I have had a couple brief "Key not found" events. A case was opened and if it happens again they want to replace the PEM.

·
Registered
172 Posts
well they flashed ours and no luck, still getting the no fob found...:-( Dealer is looking into replacing the keys and the PEM. Gotta wait till the 18th to get it in. oh well at least the car will start with the key....:)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I bet the PEM replacement will do it for you.

·
Registered
939 Posts

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I've just been starting it with my key lately. My basic warranty is out so I don't really want to pay to have it fixed.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts

Have you hooked up any aftermarket equipment lately that might interfere -like a Trinity tuner?

I would pull the fuse for the Keyless Go or disconnect the battery for a bit and see if that resets it but if you are under warranty and not an experimenter, let the dealer take care of it.

It does still start if you put the keyfob in the ignition like a regular key?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts