Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Damaged trade-in. Opinions?

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  LURCH 
#1 · (Edited)
HEY GUYS & GALS

Somebody hit the Challenger last week dinged the door and fender ouch!!.
Was kind of upset so I decided to trade it in, what do you think?
My car, as most you know, is an 09 Tor-Red RT classic 6 speed with moonroof. Sticker was $36,454.

Well, I looked at a silver Classic 6 speed with NAV sticker $39,645.
All said and done, after two visit's to the dealer and talking to the owner a bit.

They came down to like $31,800. Nice, right?

#5 ·
No offense, I think trading a car because a door and fender is dinged is not a valid reason. If you just want a new car, then that's fine.

$31800 is a great markdown, as long as they're not making it up by raping you on your trade.
i didnt want to deal with getting the car repaired . and wanted to get rid of the red anyway this whole time. i enjoyed my original silver car much better,
once a car is damaged it just kills me ya know?

#8 ·
Not if you're independently wealthy.:bigthumb: For me, I'd have to just grin and bear it, making sure the repair work was done correctly.

Another thing, you car loses value if it's been in an accident that shows up on CarFax. Some states let you recoup some of that value as part of the insurance settlement, but not in VA. You have to eat the loss.

#9 ·
Congratulations! You are worse than I am. I had a “09 R/T 6-speed and traded for a ’10 R/T Classic 6-Speed. I cut my interest rate in half, lowered my payments, got $2,000 in parts, and finally got the options I wanted Nav, EVIC, and HID’S. Enjoy your new ride and post a pic.

#16 ·
That is exactly why i bought another one i love the job they did on the challenger. It's another step up if you ask me now i will have all the same options plus the nav and the hardrive stereo

#13 ·
My whole car had to be repainted a month after I got it. (long story short, the car got dinged in the parking lot, I was not happy with the repair as the paint didnt quite match, so insurance paid for the entire car to be painted) The repair shop actually did a MUCH nicer job than the factory, Got rid of all the swirl marks and orange peal that the OE paint had. The key is just finding a good shop.

#14 ·
I had a Charger and once it was hit in the left rear quarter panel, I just never felt the same about the car. Get what makes you happy. I remember you had one of the first manual R/T's on this forum. This Classic will be like your original one but better.

Jack

#17 ·
I had a Charger and once it was hit in the left rear quarter panel, I just never felt the same about the car. Get what makes you happy. I remember you had one of the first manual R/T's on this forum. This Classic will be like your original one but better.

Jack
Exactly... Thanks Jack!
Hey are we all watching Barrett Jackson this week!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.