Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations of Dash Cams for a 2009 SRT8?

Is there anywhere up in the roof where I easily can "steal" 12V constant power (either constant or at least when ignition is on)?

/Jocce

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Any recommendations of Dash Cams for a 2009 SRT8?

Is there anywhere up in the roof where I easily can "steal" 12V constant power (either constant or at least when ignition is on)?

/Jocce
There is because my radar detector came with a kit that I was able to hook up to a connection on the map lights, but I don't remember any specifics.

I haven't had any issues with my BlackVue. You can find dashcams from them anywhere from $120 for a single forward 1080p cam, to a $500 4k dual channel.

https://www.thedashcamstore.com/

·
Registered
629 Posts
I like the small ReplayXD. Seems to be dead nuts reliable, too.
Mine's going on 10 years now, set on a 2-hour loop.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
I've used several Blackvue dashcams with the power controller including in my '09 and '15 SRTs, You can easily route the power cable to the trunk without removing any trim. It is all so flexible you can just work it behind the trim. Not like the old days when everything was screwed/bolted/fitted tightly together. Then I picked up the battery and ignition sources in the trunk fuse box. Also easy to route the cable for the rear cam to the back glass the same way.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I also have blackvue the 4k two channel one. It's also hardwired with two Blackvue Magic Ultra batteries giving me almost two day run time and a mobile hotspot to go along with it for 24/7 alerts and coverage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts