Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I was in an accident and am repairing the car myself. My passenger dash airbag blew how do I replace that? Is it just a the small panel or do I need to replace the complete dash? Along with airbags and sensors. 2012 Challenger RT

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,866 Posts
In the case of my Cayman S when the passenger air bag deployed this required the replacement of the entire dash.

While I can't say for sure I suspect the same is the case for your car.

A clue might (might) be if the air bag and cover are available separately or they are only available as part of the dash.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I watch a lot of YouTube videos about rebuilding Challengers and Hellcats and yes you will need to swap out the entire dash base structure. Be aware that there are some differences in the center area depending on which stereo system you have so some of the structure will have to be swapped to the donor dash. Other then that the same dash was used in several trim levels. I would recommend watching some of the videos about Hellcat rebuilds, There are a lot out there. You will probably have to send your airbag computer in for a reprogramming and sometimes even the seat belts. They will tell you where to send them in the videos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts