Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 challenger rt classic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me why these having been coming up lately and it haven’t been letting me accelerate when I hit the gas because of these lights popping on need help plz

1B4F66E3-B29E-4044-B842-A06EC2A7EA49.jpeg

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,513 Posts
Problems with the electronic stability control and brake assist systems will light up the two orange lights. The underlying issue should be diagnosed and repaired as soon as possible. You won’t have any anti-lock brakes or stability help while driving until you do.

the red light is a problem with the airbag(s). So if you have a crash because of the lack of anti-lock brakes or stability control, you may not have any airbags to protect you from serious injury either.

that’s a perfect storm of bad for the car if you drive spiritedly very often. Take it to the dealership or a localmechanic and have them take a look asap

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
526 Posts
I'm betting that you have a bad wheel speed sensor

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,513 Posts
Parts cannon - Locked and Loaded!
Fire away!
” Lol, it might work, it just might work...

But if new speed sensors in the rear wheels do not resolve the problem, what is the plan going forward?

I don’t know how much new speed sensors cost, but surely the price of two of them put together is close to the hourly labor rate a local mechanic charges for diagnostic time.

Instead of throwing parts and money at an unknown problem with no guarantee it will work, why not have the problem identified by a pro, pay them for their time and them decide how you want to proceed?

My $0.02...

·
Registered
526 Posts
That might be the problem

Where can I buy them from

im Going to change my two back speed sensors and see what it does
As others have suggested .... take it to a dealer or at least a qualified garage. You're talking about systems that you want to work perfectly when you need them.

I was only offering a possible explanation. I had the same issue with my '11 Challenger R/T Classic and that was the dealer's diagnosis. Fortunately, mine went bad while it was still under warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As others have suggested .... take it to a dealer or at least a qualified garage. You're talking about systems that you want to work perfectly when you need them.

I was only offering a possible explanation. I had the same issue with my '11 Challenger R/T Classic and that was the dealer's diagnosis. Fortunately, mine went bad while it was still under warranty.
That’s what ima do in the morning

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Oh yea problem solved had a oil leak which drained out all my oil and the system threw codes because of it I never thought to check the oil 🤦🏾‍♂️ Took it to a certified dodge dealership

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,774 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,891 Posts
Oh yea problem solved had a oil leak which drained out all my oil and the system threw codes because of it I never thought to check the oil 🤦🏾‍♂️ Took it to a certified dodge dealership
Sounds like another but more serious problem. Running an engine with little to no oil will definitely cause some damage to the engine. Can't see how no oil in the engine would throw all those errors unless it get hot enough to melt wires. I always check oil level whenever I am filling up for gas. Funny thing is, people look at me like I am some freak when I do.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Oh yea problem solved had a oil leak which drained out all my oil and the system threw codes because of it I never thought to check the oil Took it to a certified dodge dealership
Wow. Sure seems like an odd set of lights for no oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow. Sure seems like an odd set of lights for no oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yea they said the engine light was causing the traction lights to come on cause of a leaking oil gasket pan as of my airbag light I needed a new sensor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts