Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker B5 Blue
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I’ve been putting this purchase off long enough, Dash cams! What do you have or recommend in the way of Dash Cams for our Challengers? I would like to stay under $250.00. I‘m not sure how important it is to have a front/rear cam, your thoughts.

I’ve looked at the Garmin Dash Cam 66W with 1440p with 180 degree field of view For $249.99 Plus the cost of a memory card (minimum 8 GB Class 10 or better)

Another one I’ve looked at is the EXPLON Dash Cam with Full HD with 3” LCD Screen etc. $97.97

I have a IPhone 6. Thanks for any feedback (y)

I would like for it to have good visibility recording day/night.
Other features:
* Records images as well as sound
* Loop Recording
* High Resolution (30 frames per second)
* Night Recording
* Shaking Sensors
* Good Customer Support

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
827 Posts
I went with the Garmin Mini. It's small and works fine. I don't use the parking mode, I have heard that it can be problematic.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
455 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is what I purchased:

Had to buy the mount, 3d print 2 straps and relocate the mirror puck on the windshield. Once finished I love the product. Just some work to install it. 4k front and 2k rear cams, voice control, park monitor and recorder, and a lot more. If interested I can take pics or vids of it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, no need for pics I can get a pretty good review of it on Amazon! Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Blackvue 900x-2ch.

·
Registered
'19 Challenger R/T SPWB
37 Posts
I'm very happy with my Thinkware F800Pro Front & Rear camera(s), built-in GPS, 1080p, Thinkware Cloud, Road Safety Warning System, Advanced Parking Mode.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,209 Posts
I'm very happy with my Thinkware F800Pro Front & Rear camera(s), built-in GPS, 1080p, Thinkware Cloud, Road Safety Warning System, Advanced Parking Mode.
Have to second the recommendation for Thinkware. I had a Thinkware F800 (not sure if it was the Pro model though) in my Hellcat. Just the front camera. Had I to do it over again I'd install -- or more likely have the install handled by a shop that specializes in this -- both front and rear cameras and have the cameras connected to power all the time. This so sentry mode or whatever it is called could be used. The Thinkware cameras have a voltage setting that when the car's battery voltage drops to this level has the camera turn itself off to avoid making a low battery condition any worse.

Have two Thinkware dash cams to install one in my M-B van and the other in my Scat Pack.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great feedback, I’ve been looking at the Thinkware Cams, very competitive products! Thanks again for taking the time to leave your suggestions. Appreciate it. I think I have enough information to make a knowledgeable decision. (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts