Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been an ongoing minor issue and I figured I'd finally get around to trying to solve it.

Every now and then, sometimes randomly, sometimes when I turn the car on, the little electronic screen where we access the EVIC menu, the units change from US Imperial units to Metric units.

Could it be related to my aftermarket stereo deck?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,483 Posts
Did you ever observe this behavior before the aftermarket stereo was installed?

If no, I’d say it’s a likely culprit.

If yes, I’d say it isn’t likely related.

If unsure, I’d say it’s possible but may be difficult to diagnose for sure.

It could just be the car’s electronics glitching...my head unit is stock 4.3 that comes with base audio package, and it’s got this weird quirk where it will always be on FM 107.9 when I start the car...every single time, no matter what station it was on when I turned it off, it will be on 107.9 when I start it again.

It’s done that since the first day I got it, and there are no other strange behaviors with the other sources, so IDK...

Actually that’s not true. Now that I think about it the Am/FM functionality of the radio source is frozen at startup every now and again. The other sources work, but no radio stations when it does this.

These cars are weird, it’s likely going to be more trouble to figure out what’s causing your issue than it will be just living with it I think... :confused:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly I don't remember if it also happened when I had the OEM stereo.

It does seem to only happen though when I have it set to the Speedometer and in that same section of settings is also the US/Metric setting.

If I have to set to the Temperature/"Compass" it doesn't seem to change.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
How random is it? Does it happen enough to set it to Metric, and see if it switches to US Imperial? I'm not kidding...looking to see if it is just switching, or defaulting to Metric. This is a US car I take it?

I'd honestly do the "Turn it off and back on" thing. As a TV tech for 30+ years, it CAN work, it's just not so common. I've also had people fix a no USB issue with a PC by disconnecting from power, holding power button down for 15 seconds or so to discharge caps, leave it unplugged 1/2 hour, then plug it back in. At least 3 or 4 people reported that fixed it, and never heard from them again it had failed.

In this case it would be unplugging the negative battery cable for 1/2 hour or so, and then reconnect

A Guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts