Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and didn't see any other thread about this and it probably doesn't belong here but here goes. This is the third winter season that I have owned this car and it is always kept in a garage. Saturday I went out to get in it and I noticed that the dash seems to have dipped down noticeably. It is in the area that the passenger air bag is behind. I was wondering how common this is? It can be easily felt by touch. I just wondered if at this late stage of ownership anything could be done about it. I don't think the dip could be seen very well with a picture or I would post it. What's your thoughts?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had something similar on my 05 magnum happened. Right above my gauges on the driver side. It's obviously the material/composite foam that doesnt like cold weather. Went away once the summer came along and the dash baked in the sun. Mine looked like 3 quarter size dimples.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I have noticed mine does that as well.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If you hit something hard the airbag will straighten it back up. JK.
haven't notice it on mine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I posted about this on my car several months ago. Seems to be that a lot of people had it. the dealer actually ordred me a new dash, but that one had it as well. they ordered another and once again, same issue. It seems to be hit or miss. I figured I would replace it at the end of the warranty...

·
Registered
68 Posts
same here

I have noticed this on my car as well. I would assume that it comes from the way the air bag is made to deploy, but it is very noticeable and it sucks. I have not taken the issue up with the dealer as of yet, I sort of figure that all of them will end up doing it at some point. I am wondering how this will progress as the cars get older?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here Goes

I was at the dealership getting them to replace the black lower body trim on the drivers side. There was about an inch crack where it comes up to the wheel well. I decided to ask them about the dash while I was at it. In typical dealership fashion all but one of the people I talked with told me there never saw or heard of any issues with the dash when I asked about it. They did however take pictures and send them to Dodge to get the ok to replace the dash pad. Wether this will make any difference in the long run remains to be seen. I am not really happy though that the dash looks as it does on a car thats a year and a half old with 13k miles. This being said, I LOVE MY CHALLENGER !!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
This is my cars 3rd winter as well, but I haven't noticed anything. Will have to check it out.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My dash has also dipped on the passengers side, I haven't spoken with the dealership yet. I purchased my car in Sept 08... those who are having issues when did you purchase your car.

I'll post a picture when the weather gets better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sigh

Has anyone actually had theirs replaced under warranty yet? I am getting the run around on mine. I am waiting on the service manager to call me back today, because the service writer never called me back and has not returned my calls. I went saturday and the service manager was there and he said that there is nothing in the their system at all.
Whats up with the dealerships that dont want to do warranty work. I just went through this a few months back with a local Ford dealership, where there was a service bulletin put out about the vehicles paint and we had 2 cars that were covered. I went around for 3 months with the dealership, finally we went to another dealer and both cars were repainted in less than 2 weeks, and there was never a question about it being warranty work.:disgust:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Has anyone actually had theirs replaced under warranty yet? I am getting the run around on mine. I am waiting on the service manager to call me back today, because the service writer never called me back and has not returned my calls. I went saturday and the service manager was there and he said that there is nothing in the their system at all.
Whats up with the dealerships that dont want to do warranty work. I just went through this a few months back with a local Ford dealership, where there was a service bulletin put out about the vehicles paint and we had 2 cars that were covered. I went around for 3 months with the dealership, finally we went to another dealer and both cars were repainted in less than 2 weeks, and there was never a question about it being warranty work.:disgust:
Like I said earlier, the service dept I went to ordered 2 and they both had the dent. Mine is getting worse as the weather gets bad. But to answer your question, they didn;t even hesitate to replace mine if I wanted it. I passed and said I would do it at a later date. My car was only 3 months old at the timee and I did not want thme messing up the interior of the car taking that thing out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Feeling better

Well, its not fixed yet, but true to his word the service manager did call me back first thing this morning. He said they had ordered both the rocker panel trim, apparently there is an issue with these cracking as well, and the dash pad. I will update once its done.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I didn't notice mine until reading this but I bought mine in 08 too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Update

Well I am less than amused with my dealership. I have now had to make a third visit to the dealership after not hearing from anyone. Guess what? No parts had been ordered, sigh. Parts were ordered as I waited and would be in the next morning, they would call me a soon as they got there to set up an appointment. I called back late the next day as, you guessed it, nobody had called. The parts were in, I am scheduled for monday to drop the car off. Still love my car, the dealership, which I had been pretty high on....not so much.

Charlie

·
Registered
466 Posts
had the dealer look at mine then they showed me a 2011 and it had the same problem

1 - 20 of 48 Posts