Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a 20 Challenger that has a smooth dash have this weird indent of the air bag on the passenger side? Is this normal or should I see dealership for a warranty replacement?

Windscreen wiper Windshield Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
Registered
172 Posts
I haven't noticed that on mine but I have a dash mat. If it bothers you, I would see what your dealer has to to say about it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
It would be a very invasive job if they'd agree to change it. My only concern is would this change over time. This is the new Premium stitched dash panel

A Guy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 ScatPack Widebody 50th Anniversary, and it does have the same indent on the leather wrapped dash. I had not noticed it until I read your post. It really does not bother me at all and it seems like it is perfectly normal. I would be more concerned about having the dealer mess around with this. I agree with A Guy that this would be very invasive.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Thanks for the info. It may be normal for the stitched dash, perhaps the material is not as stiff

A Guy

Reactions: Moparskyyblue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2020 ScatPack Widebody 50th Anniversary, and it does have the same indent on the leather wrapped dash. I had not noticed it until I read your post. It really does not bother me at all and it seems like it is perfectly normal. I would be more concerned about having the dealer mess around with this. I agree with A Guy that this would be very invasive.
Thanks you! I don’t think I want them messing around with it as it seems I’m not the only one like it.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
its probably the break line for the passenger side airbag - the smooth covering of the stitched dash cover makes this more visible.

The standard dash ('15 - '19 or non Plus Group '20+) has a textured surface, so it probably conceals it

Unless it gets worse, I wouldn't want to have the interior all taken apart as the replacements may be more of the same

Reactions: Moparskyyblue
1 - 7 of 7 Posts