Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's still too early to tell if there is any numbering system for the dash plaques. I've seen two on ebay and another car from Maryland and all three have been numbered under 200. Only time will tell. REDDOG should be next to get his. If his number is around 200, I'm betting that they are doing them in order of being built. What do you say?

·
Registered
301 Posts
A dude pulling a plaque out of a big random bin. ;-)

Naw, but another thread said that they are putting the plaques on later on, where the car is stripped. If that is the case and they DID want to get them in chronological order, then they would most likely just do them in the order they are stripped, not built.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts

George W: Hello? Customer Service?? This is George W. I ordered a 392 IE way back in December and I be callin' 'cause I want to make sure I get a LOW nummered plack.

Chrysler Customer Service: LOL, you want a low-numbered what??

George W: Plack, p-l-a-c-k, the Limited Edition plack that's going to make my Challenger rare and speshial.

Chrysler Customer Service: Sorry Mr. Bush, the plaques are picked and applied at random.

George W: I don't want a "random" plaque, I wanna peek my own nummer.

Chrysler Customer Service: That's just not possible, it would require thousands of hours of man power and millions of dollars in cost if we allowed everyone to pick their own plaques.

George W: Well y'all do know who I am, right?

Chrysler Customer Service: Uh, yeah, you're the peanut farmer from Georgia who has a brother that drinks beer, right?

George W: No, no, maam, I used to be a Hollywood actor...

Chrysler Customer Service: Well, in either event, I'll pass your request on to the professional proprietary plaque pickers project personnel and someone will get back to you within 24-hours...

George W: Yippee!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
:lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
It's still too early to tell if there is any numbering system for the dash plaques. I've seen two on ebay and another car from Maryland and all three have been numbered under 200. Only time will tell. REDDOG should be next to get his. If his number is around 200, I'm betting that they are doing them in order of being built. What do you say?
I guess we will know on Friday. Kind of hoping for a lot lower than 200, but still out of 1100 that is a very low number.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ditto on the big ol' bin full of plaques!
My 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona was number 10638. Total production came in at around 8000 plus trucks, so this was a disaster for a "limited edition".

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
This thread needs some mroe humor... :D

Build Date

Numbering system

Ship Date

The reward for the wait...

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Nice beginning to a a screenplay RS. Hollywood might pick this up.

Possible title of movie:

"Quit talkin' smack, now find my plaque!"

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Here's your plaque :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I should rephrase my comment.
What I meant was that when they apply the dash plaque, they reach in a bin and pull one out. The plaques must have been stamped in sequential number, then the stack is put in the bin and the employee picks it out of the bin. It has nothing to do with the build date of the car. It's just what car comes in from the 100's parked in the lot at Ground Affects. Just read a post of another 392 IE being delivered and it too has a two digit dash number. I think I'm on to something here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I guess we will know on Friday. Kind of hoping for a lot lower than 200, but still out of 1100 that is a very low number.
I just read your other post with your build date/time. Dude, you're sitting at #13, but no higher than 15 - my guess! Is that good or bad?

Good luck :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
I just read your other post with your build date/time. Dude, you're sitting at #13, but no higher than 15 - my guess! Is that good or bad?

Good luck :bigthumb:
I guess we will find out Thursday night when the car comes in. I hope it is not #13 not a lucky number.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I guess we will find out Thursday night when the car comes in. I hope it is not #13 not a lucky number.
I'm sitting in Germany on business at 3:00am. Jet lag. And did a little research on the plaque numbering based on the date of Location = "Ground Effects".

Naperville Chally
VIN 2B3CJ7DJ2BH505110 #12 @ Ground Effects: 12/21 @ 9:00am
2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 Edition For Sale | Lisle IL

Vehicle Shipment Status and History

z01tfw's Chally
@ Ground Effects 12/21/2010 07:00 PM EST

REDDOG's Chally
??

HuggyTree's Chally
@ Ground Effects 12/23/2010 10:15 AM

Davie FL Chally
VIN 2B3CJ7DJ3BH501292 #?? @ Ground Effects: 12/23 @ 11:15am
Dodge : Challenger - eBay (item 290524514982 end time Feb-17-11 10:57:59 PST)

HoDog's Chally
VIN 2B3CJ7DJ9BH503709 #?? @ Ground Effects: 12/23 @ 11:15am

Three Rivers Chally
VIN 2B3CJ7DJ4BH501267 #59 @ Ground Effects 12/28 8:00pm
New 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 For Sale | Pittsburgh PA 2B3CJ7DJ4BH501267

Vehicle Shipment Status and History

1 - 14 of 14 Posts