Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, had a quick question. Why do some of these 2015+ Challengers have really shinny dashes and some have more matte? Mine is a little on the shiney side. I bought it new and it’s always been on the shinny side. I found some pictures from a review of a 2015 SP and SRT and they both have the 2 different styles. Attached are the pictures that I believe were taken on the same day by the same reviewer. I have never applied anything to mine and it’s always garage kept. Is the shiney just what happens over time in the heat? I was just wondering, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have seen a few in person at car shows and some have a matte finish and some more shinny. That was just some pictures I found I thought looked like that. Some even have a white residue on them almost like chalk that I have seen.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Or I’m loosing my mind

Maybe this ^^^^^^^^^^^

I've seriously never noticed any difference.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
It's the light. Here are 3 pics from my car brand new. Besides looking very gray in these pictures, but very black in the shade, some pics look shiny, but close up shows not

029.jpg

031.jpg

044.jpg

A Guy

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
Cars with leather interior will usually have the bright trim, SXT Plus, R/T Plus, Scat Pack with Leather option, SRT, etc.

Base SXT, R/T and Scat Packs will have the dark wheel and dash trim.

Some leather cars still get the dark trim by design, Blacktop, Shakers, etc.

The dark trim is usually paired to the brushed dark console finish, the bright trim cars usually have the brighter hectic mesh console and dash.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
The dash pad will begin to look bland if its left untreated. Mine had a good bit of that white/chalky look to it when it came off the truck, but after using some 303 it darkened up a good bit.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I was just going to say that.....I bet the difference you have been seeing are either light related, or product related based on how they clean or slime them up for shows.

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
Oops guess I totally misunderstood the question!

My dash has always been flat, not shiny at all.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
They just need to be shined up.

I see it all the time at work, and on mine before I made her sexy.

The dashes (from the factory) are pretty dry and more grey looking. I personally use Meguiar's Supreme Shine wipes.

Night and day difference. I always ***** at my detail guys because they never wipe the dashes down before delivery, and it seriously makes a giant difference.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,477 Posts
The dash pad will begin to look bland if its left untreated. Mine had a good bit of that white/chalky look to it when it came off the truck, but after using some 303 it darkened up a good bit.
My first mod was a dash cover I bought from the dealer the same day I bought my Shaker. IMO, there's nothing better, and it's very necessary for me because of where I live. There is nothing uglier than a sun cracked dash on a beautiful car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
I don't want mine shiny. That's why I use 303, it just gives it a blacker look, not shiny. A Guy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m going to have to try that. I use that on my exterior plastics but never considered the dash. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So have any of you seen this before? Found it after looking for a rattle (it has lots of rattles...) IMG_0544.JPG

And this is my second set of seat covers that this is happening... after anyone sits in the seats they bubble up. I’m 170lbs so I know it’s not my fat a** causing it.

Car has 1700 miles and is garage kept. I love the car but damn. This is like the worst quality I have seen. For a MSRP of 51k this is insane.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,477 Posts
So have any of you seen this before? Found it after looking for a rattle (it has lots of rattles...) View attachment 855905

And this is my second set of seat covers that this is happening... after anyone sits in the seats they bubble up. I’m 170lbs so I know it’s not my fat a** causing it.

Car has 1700 miles and is garage kept. I love the car but damn. This is like the worst quality I have seen. For a MSRP of 51k this is insane.
Flatulence will do that every time... >:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm pretty sure some models have a brushed aluminum finish (shiny) and some have the hex bee pattern (dark) if I'm not mistaken?

I would be very surprised if you could clean them to that degree of shine... they are different colors all together imo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts