Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just realized my driver side dash speaker is out. I am about to order a pair of 3 1/2" speakers to replace it but I can't figure out how to remove the dash piece by the window. Is it just tabs that will pop out? I'm afraid I am going to mess the peice up shoving a screwdriver in there.. Any help would be great!

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Nevermind! I saw AirmanPika's writeup! That helps alot.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good speaker that fits in the space easily?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If you buy a replacement speaker from crutchfield they give install directions.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you buy a replacement speaker from crutchfield they give install directions.

That's what I normally do, but if you put in 2008 Challenger (or any year for that matter) it only shows the door speakers and the rear deck. I can't get it to show any of the dash speakers...

·
Registered
160 Posts
There are tabs all along the bottom of the dash piece you will need to pop up. I suggest buying some dash pry tools from Harbor Freight Tools or somewhere online. Otherwise grab some crappy credit cards you don't mind destroying and a screwdriver but be super careful with the screwdriver because you can tear the vinyl in the dash. I suggest the dash pry tools if you are going to be doing ANYTHING else to your car. They have saved me more times than I can count on all sorts of mods. I've attached some pics for reference from my 2010 R/T. Oh yeah you'll need a stubby screwdriver or I think it's a 7 or 8mm wrench/socket to remove the tiny screws. PM me if you need any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I replaced my dash speakers last weekend. Those clips/tabs are tight..
but they will all pop up. I think 8 along the front, and 2 clips in the rear (towards the windshield). I used panel tools also.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. The speakers and dash tool are on there way. I'll post up some results as soon as they get here.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
The service manual is not much help, see attachment

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
There are tabs all along the bottom of the dash piece you will need to pop up. I suggest buying some dash pry tools from Harbor Freight Tools or somewhere online. Otherwise grab some crappy credit cards you don't mind destroying and a screwdriver but be super careful with the screwdriver because you can tear the vinyl in the dash. I suggest the dash pry tools if you are going to be doing ANYTHING else to your car. They have saved me more times than I can count on all sorts of mods. I've attached some pics for reference from my 2010 R/T. Oh yeah you'll need a stubby screwdriver or I think it's a 7 or 8mm wrench/socket to remove the tiny screws. PM me if you need any help.
:bowdown:Awesome, thank you for the pictures!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts