Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I park the car I am getting the car is not in park on the dash. If I hit the brake and turn off it is OK. Has anybody experienced this?

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Wow... not good. I'd take it to a dealership and show them. That needs fixed.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
May be the shifter module. If you are under warranty, let the dealer replace it. If not under warranty, do some searching on the Jeep SRT forums for instructions on how to disassemble it and clean the contacts if you are so inclined.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Mine does show this message when the car is idling in drive and the passenger side door is open. Not sure if it does it when the drivers side door is open.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Calling the dealer today.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shifter module is bad. The bad news is it is back ordered and will take 4 to 6 weeks.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Shifter module is bad. The bad news is it is back ordered and will take 4 to 6 weeks.
The good news is that you know what is causing the problem and that it is covered under warranty.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
Mine does show this message when the car is idling in drive and the passenger side door is open. Not sure if it does it when the drivers side door is open.

same here.

·
Registered
469 Posts
same here.
Mine does the same thing when I stop the car while in drive to let my wife out of the car before I pull in the garage. I believe this is normal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know that this thread is old... But do you remember what the dash was also doing? Mine is lighting up everything and even flashing the rear window defogger.... It also shows a 3 and 9 in the automatic shifter location on the dash. Funny thing is, mine is a stick...

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
I know that this thread is old... But do you remember what the dash was also doing? Mine is lighting up everything and even flashing the rear window defogger.... It also shows a 3 and 9 in the automatic shifter location on the dash. Funny thing is, mine is a stick...
39 means low battery voltage I think. Charge your battery and/or check out the charging system.

Reactions: StevieMac
1 - 13 of 13 Posts