Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I had an extra script emblem just lying around so I thought I'd put on the dash and I really like the look. But the existing emblem kind makes it too much IMO, too bad that one is sunk into the dash. Keep it or rip it? :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Personally that script badge is too big but it's your ride . . . . you might try putting it over the stock badge, it should cover it . . .

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally that script badge is too big but it's your ride . . . . you might try putting it over the stock badge, it should cover it . . .
Yeah, I wish I could just remove the smaller one but it would leave a hole there instead. I'll just try it out for a couple of days and see how it feels. :)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sorry, but that doesn't work at all.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm with the others that it looks too big for the dash. I'd see if you could get script badges that would replace the stock badge. I went with a non supporting vendor but I think others have found BT badges as well.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's your car, so you should do what you want with it, but here's my suggestion...

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT
291 Posts
Like the others, I think it's too big.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts
ummm. No.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Try putting the script emblem over the badge - have the bottom part of the emblem over the dash badge. If done correctly it will cover most of the dash badge - the little that shows will appear to be part of the script emblem.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Your car, do with as you please, but since you asked for opinions...,

Justin

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Agree with you guys, I ripped it off. I'm going to look for a BT piece (to replace the original one) with the Challenger script engraved.
I have seen it on Speedlogix a couple of months ago but now I can't find it. Anyone know where to get it? Also, how does the burnt orange option stand compared to the Hemi orange color, anyone who have a BT piece with the burnt orange option?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
In my opinion... It's too big and it's right next to another badge that says the exact same thing. Not my bag.. But it's not my car either :)

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Yeah, it is too big and redundant (with the existing dash badge in a different font)... but I too miss the style of a chrome script emblem on vinyl. So I think you're on the right track, but the concept needs tweaking. The factory badge could be covered or painted black and a smaller (gotta be smaller!) script badge could be glued over it, maybe? I also looked into that vendor, but the real retro look is a raised emblem like in those pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, it is too big and redundant (with the existing dash badge in a different font)... but I too miss the style of a chrome script emblem on vinyl. So I think you're on the right track, but the concept needs tweaking. The factory badge could be covered or painted black and a smaller (gotta be smaller!) script badge could be glued over it, maybe? I also looked into that vendor, but the real retro look is a raised emblem like in those pics:
Exactly my thought. I wanted to go for a retro look but as stated it was too big and the existing dash badge kinda ruined the idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts