Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Any ideas on where I can take this to be fixed? I don’t want to do it myself. I’m afraid I will screw it up and it will look ratchet 😂

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,761 Posts
An upholstery shop might be able to fix that for you. It’s not too bad to do yourself, there’s a thread on here somewhere detailing several methods for addressing that.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,619 Posts
The Adhesive gives out in that Spot I tried Double Sided 3m would hold for 2 days then lift so I made the Trim Plate.
Sadly that's a common issue mine is doing that I fabricated a .018" Stainless Steel Plate that clips in the Vent Top and holds it down.
bought the 1 1/2" piece at a Hobby Shop made by K&S it was 12" long cut it down folded it over friend is going to custom
Etch it with a Sand Blaster soon so it says SXT on it...

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
See if you have an auto vinyl repar guy in your area. When I supervised a dealership body shop we used a vendor who was mobile and did amazing things with dashs, seats and trim.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mine had started to do that. I just popped those vents out (they pull right out) - then just used a superglue and glued the dash piece down - set some weights on top of the dash for a few hours while it all dried solid. Then popped the vents back in. That was a year ago and it is still solid and looks perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.