Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what displays on my center screen of the dash. Is there a way to program it to display something besides "Press OK to enter set up screen"? If so, I can't seem to find it.
Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Vehicle Gauge

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
in that screen, you can change what's displayed in the top left corner / upper center / upper right corner and IIRC, something with the gauge display??

I haven't done it in a long time, and mine is taken apart (in the middle of a cam swap) right now, so I can't power it up

Reactions: BS1970SCAT

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in that screen, you can change what's displayed in the top left corner / upper center / upper right corner and IIRC, something with the gauge display??

I haven't done it in a long time, and mine is taken apart (in the middle of a cam swap) right now, so I can't power it up
IIRC????

Yes, I got the three top displays programmed. Just seems like you should put something center screen.

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"If I Remember Correctly"
HAHA, I'm so old school. My 2 boys (both in their 20's) laugh at me because they send me texts all the time and I can't decipher them!

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
press ok.
If I press ok it takes me to the set up screen. You can only program top left, middle and top right display. No option for programming the screen where the message is. When I am driving it displays "Set up Screen not available while in motion". I don't know, maybe it stays that way all the time. On my Toyota Sienna you could pick something to be displayed in place of the message such as a gauge etc.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If I press ok it takes me to the set up screen. You can only program top left, middle and top right display. No option for programming the screen where the message is. When I am driving it displays "Set up Screen not available while in motion". I don't know, maybe it stays that way all the time. On my Toyota Sienna you could pick something to be displayed in place of the message such as a gauge etc.
try just pressing the up or down arrow? I thought it usually defaulted to MPH in the center.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger RT
22 Posts
Yes, if you press the up and down arrows on the steering wheel it should cycle through various pages on the middle of the screen (speedometer, fuel economy, trip, oil life, various temperatures, etc.) The last page is the setup for the corners/top of the screen (That is the setup you have just done). The car only lets you set these displays while the car is stationary.

Some of these pages on the middle of the screen have even more info if you press the left and right arrows. For example, the page with all the car's temperatures are all on one page, and you will have to cycle to see them using the left and right arrows. I believe if you see numerios dots on the bottom of the display, it signifies that you can see more info using the left right arrows.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
If I remotely cared...:devilish:

A guy
If I ReCall ?
But yeah, once done setting it up, Up/Down to what you want to see normally.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
that center field displays any of the items within the 8 sub-sections in the menus

Some like to display the Instant / Avg MPG display (one friend described it as a video game for the graphic that goes around the "gauge" for instant MPG).

Others have the large digital MPH display

I often display one of the virtual gauges Air Intake Temp (I use the 8.4" screen for the vital virtual gauges Water temp / Oil Temp / Oil PSI) or have Oil PSI in center cluster.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,905 Posts

Cam swap? Hope that it's because you want to.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,523 Posts
I have in top left "miles to empty" - top right "trip" - above the fuel gauge "current gear".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts