Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the track and autocross. I'd like to get an affordable logger like the Track Addict which shows the track and car info. I believe I'll need an OBD-II interface also. Can anybody recommend an affordable solution? I have an iPhone 7. Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
8. 99$ obd II BLUETOOTH on amazon. All work well. I use track addict (free version) . you turn on the GPS. You do your video with gopro. And you edit the data and the video together with any rendering program ( many free option there)
A personal suggestion: have an external MIC to connext to gopro and record the exhaust sound!
Hope this help
Fly

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, what OBDII is it? Good idea about the mic!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I plan on running autocross this year and have been researching this also, my top choice at the moment is Harry's Lap Timer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
https://youtu.be/TE-58TFO2pc
This is how it looks

Nice driving there! It's cool to see a 392 catch up to a Viper. The video looks pretty good. Sound is better than in the car but clipping a bit. I have a Nikon mic that I'll have to try out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thank you :)
Definetely. My mic sucks. Be sure To have a wind shield on it.I also use a little plastic bag. Secret is to find the right angle/distance from exhaust. The go pro was outside with the sucker .adapter for the ext mic is really bad for go pro. (It is bigger than the camera!
Mic is mandatory otherwise you only hear the wind.
I'll buy a better mic. I'm waiting for the new car coming in 3 months. I've also heard very nice things about a new 360 camera.

Have fun!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts