Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i sent johan my datalogs on his tune. He sent me another tune, with some tweaks i guess, and asked me for another wot log.i loaded his new tune but my ? Is do i have to wait for the pcm to relearn this new tune before I datalog?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Ok, so i sent johan my datalogs on his tune. He sent me another tune, with some tweaks i guess, and asked me for another wot log.i loaded his new tune but my ? Is do i have to wait for the pcm to relearn this new tune before I datalog?
No, once he gives you a revisted tune, go ahead and drive it again and log. Keep doing this process until he says things are golden. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Omaha

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes and No. I've done it both ways. Gave it a day or so for the tune to adjust and also uploaded the tune and immediately logged. Didn't seem to make that much of a difference. But I would say for best and most accurate readings and tuning, let the vehicle adjust a little with the tune before logging.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Well guys, I just started the fun with Johan two days ago when I got the first tune from him. With my limited mods, all I need to do is log the WOT data. I would like to know how you guys are doing this.
Plug in the tuner at my test road and when it says to start the engine, then start I make a couple oh WOT runs, then pull over and stop logging, or start logging then drive a couple miles to the test road then do a couple of runs, then drive back home then stop the log? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Well guys, I just started the fun with Johan two days ago when I got the first tune from him. With my limited mods, all I need to do is log the WOT data. I would like to know how you guys are doing this.
Plug in the tuner at my test road and when it says to start the engine, then start I make a couple oh WOT runs, then pull over and stop logging, or start logging then drive a couple miles to the test road then do a couple of runs, then drive back home then stop the log? Thanks
Kinda, first build a set of pid to log and save it. Johan has a sticky up at the DS website for pid he like to see and log. We may have it here in CT also. Once that is saved, thats the file you will use to log with. Theres also a couple in the tuner already you can choose and or add some pid to thats already there.
In the driveway, light the motor and start logging the drive, all the way to your test place, then do a few hits making sure you get from a roll up through the rpm band through the shift into the next gear change. This way he can see the pull with the shift. Just be carefull on the street. Drive home and save the file.
By driveing the car normally a tuner can see other carteristics of the tune and make part throttle, st and lt fuel trims and all kind stuff like that. Good Luck
FlatTop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts