Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 SRT. I have been little confused about how the DLR should behavior. The DLR feature is not mentioned in the User Manual, but mentioned in SRT manual and Unconnect Manual. Both the manuals say "When this feature is selected, the headlights will turn on whenever the engine is running." However when I was approaching a reflecting object (glass door or window), I can only see amber lights on. In addition, there is not indication on cluster telling which light is on. My wife's Toyota would show headlight sign since DLR supposes to turn on the headlights.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Your white halos remain on regardless.

DRLs are your amber halos and are activated/deactivated via the touchscreen on the dash.

Your lights are controlled by the dial on the bottom left near your knee.

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
No warning or headlight signal with amber DRLs on or off. The ambers are so bright they can overpower the white halos, I've been running with the DRLs off, white halos only and think it looks better that way.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
No warning or headlight signal with amber DRLs on or off. The ambers are so bright they can overpower the white halos, I've been running with the DRLs off, white halos only and think it looks better that way.

The ambers are more powerful than any other blinker light I have ever seen.

I see these suckers reflected off non-reflective surfaces from across the street.

I wish our white halos were half as bright.

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
The ambers are more powerful than any other blinker light I have ever seen.

I see these suckers reflected off non-reflective surfaces from across the street.

I wish our white halos were half as bright.
Agree. I used to like the ambers, even on my 14 loved them, now I think they are just too bright and take away from the look, although they do get you noticed which I guess is the point, just got tired of those two orange eyes.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
FYI the orange DRLs will only come on when the car is in drive and I think neutral (I have an M6). Hitting the parking brake deactivates them. They are crazy bright which is why I use the tazer to set my DRLs to the fog lights (they are the yellow high powered LEDs from diode dynamics) which looks more old school but I wish they matched the orange of the OEM DRL/turn signals.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,730 Posts
I love the DRLs ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
811 Posts
I love the look of the DRL's!!

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
I'll jump on the bandwagon of those that like the DRL's. It gives the car evil look.

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
I run the DRL's during my commuting on week days, to be seen by the idiot drivers of Mustangs, and turn them off on the weekend.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I WOULD love them if I could turn them "on" with the switch in the auto position and "off" with the switch in the off position. That would make the choice easy and instant. Also, I don't like blinding the gate guards (Army bases) and the ambers are way bright enough to do just that, at midnight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts