Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
R/T Plus Shaker
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, we recently purchased a new 2016 RT Plus Shaker. We activated the DRL through options on the 8.4 head unit. At first they appeared as four white halos but now only the outer lights are white halos and the inner lights are amber/yellow parking lights. Any idea how to make them all halo's again?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the same issue with my new 2015 R/T Plus Shaker.

Right now only the inner/amber halos are on during the day but on my 2016 SXT I had the 4 Halos always running during the day.

If anyone could shed light on this it'd be great lol

·
Registered
362 Posts
Howdy, we recently purchased a new 2016 RT Plus Shaker. We activated the DRL through options on the 8.4 head unit. At first they appeared as four white halos but now only the outer lights are white halos and the inner lights are amber/yellow parking lights. Any idea how to make them all halo's again?
Hi, I think that you only the two options. Either have the DRL on, or turn the DRL off to get all 4 halos to come on. Also if you have the 4 halos on, when you turn on the parking lights, they will dim a little bit.
Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
Hi, I think that you only the two options. Either have the DRL on, or turn the DRL off to get all 4 halos to come on. Also if you have the 4 halos on, when you turn on the parking lights, they will dim a little bit.
Anyone correct me if I am wrong.
Sounds exactly right to me, to the OP just turn your Daytime Running Lights OFF and your 4 white halos will return. There is no way to turn the white halos off, they are on with ignition but with the DRLs (ambers) on, you can barely see the inner white halos on.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
R/T Plus Shaker
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turning off the DRL worked. All four halos are back on. Our RT Plus Shaker is white with black stripes, so IMHO the look of four white halos looks better than the DRL.

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
It's all personal preference. Myself, I'm not a "Halo Guy", so I'm stuck with them on, but they are dimmer than most, and that's fine with me.

I like the DRL's because I do a lot of "out in the country" driving, and live in a remote area. If folks don't see me coming with these on, then they are "blind", as the DRL's are BRIGHT.

Again, just personal preference, but I do like the looks of the DRL's on a Challenger.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Where is the option to turn the DLR's on or off. Also, how does Tazer effect this as I see it has DLR options too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks. I had found the setting on my way to work this morning. I don't recall shutting them off but apparently I did. My Halos stay off though? Any ideas?

Also, how do you keep the fog lights on?

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
My Halos stay off though? Any ideas?
Don't understand that, halos supposed to be on always with ignition. They are a little brighter in the day and get dimmer with park or headlights on.
Also, how do you keep the fog lights on?
This has come up before, my fogs will stay on every time I start the car but on some cars they will not, don't know why.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Don't understand that, halos supposed to be on always with ignition. They are a little brighter in the day and get dimmer with park or headlights on.

This has come up before, my fogs will stay on every time I start the car but on some cars they will not, don't know why.

Okay. Halos stay on just harder to see in the day. But I wish I could keep the fogs on

·
Registered
173 Posts
If I turn on the fog lights on they usually stay on all the time for me. Even after I turn the car off then on. I prefer them off personally but that's just because I don't like that they don't match my headlight color or my halo color. They should just stay on though from what I've experienced.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
It's all personal preference. Myself, I'm not a "Halo Guy", so I'm stuck with them on, but they are dimmer than most, and that's fine with me.

I like the DRL's because I do a lot of "out in the country" driving, and live in a remote area. If folks don't see me coming with these on, then they are "blind", as the DRL's are BRIGHT.

Again, just personal preference, but I do like the looks of the DRL's on a Challenger.
Agreed. Personally, many bad/horrible drivers are flocking to Colorado as the accidents are soaring like crazy!! I need all helps on my car to make it visible as much as I can get it to be. My DRLs will always be on and not to cover up any markers as well.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Agreed. Personally, many bad/horrible drivers are flocking to Colorado as the accidents are soaring like crazy!!
Accident rate went up after they legalized Pot, coincidence? Maybe........maybe not.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The fogs only come on if your headlights are on. If you have your headlights on auto so they come on at night, then you'll only see your fogs turn on at that time also.

To have them on at all times, turn your headlights to "ON" and then push the headlight button in to turn on the fogs.

This is the only way I know to keep them on during the daytime, but this also requires you to manually turn your lights on and off. Every time you get in the car.

I wish Tazer would add this option. Maybe one day.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts