Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
If one gets the DRL's turned on, do they then stay on all the time?
Or can they be turned on and off somehow.

On our FF, I believe we have to have the dealer turn em on.

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
Yes, on 2010 the dealer would have to turn them on and then once on they would remain on any time the ignition is on and the parking brake is released.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Yes, on 2010 the dealer would have to turn them on and then once on they would remain on any time the ignition is on and the parking brake is released.
Ugg, not sure I would like that ... However my son is the tech at the local dealer so getting them turned back off if I don't is nothing more that having to hear " I TOLD YA SO!" ...
He doesn't like them.

Thank you.

-Enjoy

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
I had mine turned on on my 14 and I liked them. Definitely would be nice to have this driver controlled but that didn't start til 2015. If he could rig up a switch to light the parking brake warning light then that should turn them off but you would have the brake warning light lit on the dash.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Rut Row my newbies gonna show ...

How do they work ... I __assume__ they are multi function and not different lamps, Are they the turn signals on steroids (up'd voltage) then the turn signal dims?

Just to clarify, I am not new to cars, been racing for many years, do all my own work from machine to assembly, gas and diesel just an absolute noob to the Challenger, any new gen gasser for that matter.

-Enjoy

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
Yes, they are the amber turn signals on bright. If you turn the headlights on they go to normal brightness for parking lights but with headlights off or just parking lights on, they stay on bright. When you put the turn signal on, the voltage is interrupted so it goes from full bright to off to signal.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Yes, they are the amber turn signals on bright. If you turn the headlights on they go to normal brightness for parking lights but with headlights off or just parking lights on, they stay on bright. When you put the turn signal on, the voltage is interrupted so it goes from full bright to off to signal.
Thank you

-Enjoy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
251 Posts
It's in Uconnect,
Settings, Controls, Lights ..
Only the Ambers controllable, the white halos stay on.

is there an option to make them yellow on the 2020 scarpack? I went here but no luck

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
251 Posts
Daytime Running lights are the Amber (Yellow) lights. Turn them on and when the car is running and in gear the yellow halos should turn on.
they are still white in gear and in all light modes , did they stop making them yellow after a certain year? It is yellow when singaling onyl ... anyone can confirm?

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
251 Posts

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
here is the vin

straight from the dealer

i know they didnt because ive seen 100s of challengers with the yellow dlr here

arnt they all built in canada ?

i guess its set to kuwait since its here but could be wrong
An export car so this is why you don't have the option. Not sure how to change, maybe you can change the region in the computer but not sure I'd mess with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
251 Posts
An export car so this is why you don't have the option. Not sure how to change, maybe you can change the region in the computer but not sure I'd mess with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
i see your point , but at the same time all challengers, over 1000 , have them and ive seen them ... guess ill have to ask the dealer , thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
21 - 40 of 48 Posts