Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

DCX has contacted us and asked us to post a couple of polls to assist them in making a case for the Dodge Challenger Concept and to get the market feel for the horsepower and options you might choose when you go to purchase a Dodge Challenger (should it be produced)

I do realize that all of us want to go gung ho and select the biggest and baddgest hemi available and the 6 speed transmission, but lets remember that these studies can greatly impact the production of the vehicle. Put yourself in a frame of mind that you are actually buying this vehicle and pricing makes a difference. Pretend your plunking down that hard earned cash and make a rational decision and not an emotional one.

With that said, here is a disclaimer:

Note: DCX is seeking consumer opinions for further evaluation of the future of the Challenger Concept car. Options and prices shown are for directional guidance only and do not represent any final pricing in the event that the Challenger concept reaches production.
And the first poll is here:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262

NOTE: IF YOU CHOOSE A MANUAL TRANSMISSION POWERTRAIN BE SURE TO COMPLETE POLL #2 HERE: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
This is a really good sign if DCX is contacting the site, but I sure hope they realize this is a site full of mopar enthusiasts and many will want the bigger engines over the V6. This poll should really be all over the place and not just here so it can get to the regular car buyer too.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigDaddyWiz said:
This is a really good sign if DCX is contacting the site, but I sure hope they realize this is a site full of mopar enthusiasts and many will want the bigger engines over the V6. This poll should really be all over the place and not just here so it can get to the regular car buyer too.
I'm sure this is one avenue DCX is using to gather information :) They wouldnt put all their eggs in one basket...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, at least they are using forums boards to gather some information. I'm glad they are listening to their customers. It's what is keeping them in much better "financial health" than their competition.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think the existence of the Challenger itself is a good sign DCX is listening to it's customer's. I would like to thank designer Mike Castiglione and all involved at DCX in getting the Challenger to this point. In these polls it just looks like DCX is trying to find out the "real market" for a v-6 model and the manual trans. For a company like DCX to come to a website to ask people what they want on a car is unprecedented as far as I know, so "I hope this is something that works, and can be done again in the future." No matter what is decided I would like to thank DCX for asking our opinions, after 175 votes so far there is definitely some interesting results for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I could do without those exceedingly large wheels. In my humble opinion, a larger tire with a smaller wheel makes the car look much nicer.

Also, anyone have any ideas as to what happened to that thin layer of chrome plating that was between the glass and body?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
EVERRET said:
  • http://www-5.dodge.com/searchapp/ui.jsp
    [*]When you type in challenger in the search button on the dodge website it will take you to a Challenger info page in which you can look up info or take the new survey, Try it .
did you have any problems opening the survey on their page? i kept getting an error message page when i click on it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
  • BigDaddyWiz said:
    did you have any problems opening the survey on their page? i kept getting an error message page when i click on it.
    No problems for me, I get this survey when I click it.
  • Which Powertrain configuration would you most likely purchase in your new Dodge Challenger from the four options below:
  • 250 Horsepower V6 with 6-Speed Manual
  • 350 Horsepower V8 Hemi with 6-Speed Manual at + $2,200 over base V6 Manual
  • 425 Horsepower V8 Hemi with 6-Speed Manual at + $3,000 over base V6 Manual
  • I prefer Automatic Transmission

1 - 20 of 20 Posts