Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So before we start I have read a couple hours worth of information and still missing what I am looking for. I bought my 2010 with 14K in Oct. Car seemed to hesitate during starting from day one. I just "assumed" the blower was causing it. Well needless to say had not drove the car for a few weeks and came out to a clicking solenoid. Jumped it and was fine. I replaced the battery temporarily with a Optima I had sitting on a trickle from the Z06 but it obviously does fit. I am in the process of adding a Class D 1000 watt amp so I want something I can depend on. I have always been a Optima guy but not sure they have one that fits so I am open to cost effective alternatives. I don't want a "wet" battery I have to vent. In several of the posts I have read folks have replaced with AGM or dry batteries. One recommended a Walmart battery which I am not at all against. All I need to know is make and size. Lets get a list going of batteries you all have used to replace the factory unit.

I will start it out since I am still researching:
Stock- Group 94R 750CCA
Sears Diahard Gold AGM Group 94 est.. $170
Autocraft Gold AGM Group H7
Autocraft Gold AGM Group H8 - It is bigger but can fit

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I just bought a battery for my 09 I looked and looked and looked. I called optima they don't have anything. I have had terrible luck with Wal-Mart.

After much research I went with a duralast platinum from autozone. 2 reasons.. 1. Made by Johnson controls which also makes interstate and battery for advanced auto parts and I think oreilly.
2. Next to advance it has the most cold cranking amps I could get 900

3. There is a AutoZone in about every major town in the USA. So exchanges shouldn't be that bad

sent from mobile device

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
It is a agm h7 vented

sent from mobile device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts