Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help! My battery on my 08 SRT8 appeared dead so I opened it with the key provided in the key FOB. I popped the push start and inserting FOB to start car and now I will not come out. Has anyone else ran into this problem and how did they resolve?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know this may sound absurd but double check and make sure the fob is in the off position.

If that isn't the case turn it to accessory then back to off.

I've had a few give me struggles before and this fixed it.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I don't know if it's related but my Charger did this and an arm in front of the shifter for the key lock broke.To get in gear had to pop trim and use a screw driver.The small square next to the shifter is an access on the Challenger to stick someting in there and unlock the shiter.It's not a fix,just to get you down the road.
I haven't heard any problems with th Challengers,so it's probably not,But just something to look at.

By the way the key must be in the on position,and hold the brake to make it go in neutral.
Although the push button may work differnt,not sure.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
My old 2013 6spd did this. It was a failed ignition module. They fail in the the locked position (can't get key out). Mine had to be towed to the dealer to be repaired after trying several things in the garage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Don't panic if not too late to say that. Yes pull down one of the back seats and crawl through (or send child/kid if you have one handy) there is a floresent pull handle (kinda t-handle) pull it and it will open trunk. The key will release once you change or charge battery it is a NORMAL feature that it will not release till you get battery up/car to start. FYI using the FOBIK as a key only works if the FOBIKS battery is dead, does nothing for main car battery/charge system it's just a way to tell it safe to start when it can not transmit due to its battery is low, so get the main battery fixed you will be good to go, and can go back to the button but if FOBIK battery goes dead, you now know what to do, hope you have a Merry Christmas also!

Reactions: 72/340

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
I hope that works, but my battery had a full charge. Again, the ignition module failed. The dealership said it wasn't the first time they've seen that in some of these newer push button / key fob start dodge/chryslers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it possible to put a battery charger on the posts in front to get enough power to open trunk?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Do your dash lights still work ? For mine the evic was still functional but because of the failed ignition module it wouldn't even attempt to start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dude, I ran into same problem last night on my 2014 Challenger. What did you end up doing ?
Help! My battery on my 08 SRT8 appeared dead so I opened it with the key provided in the key FOB. I popped the push start and inserting FOB to start car and now I will not come out. Has anyone else ran into this problem and how did they resolve?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Get the solid key...screw that key fob.

80$ bing batta bing never get stranded again....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts