Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just recently bought a challenger (2017 392 Scat Pack Shaker - automatic). About a week and a half ago I placed the car in a storage unit as winter is approaching. The unit does not have a power outlet. When I checked on the car today it appears the battery is dead already. What is weird is I got into the car and the start button blinked a couple of times and so did the shifter. However the dash never light up, the car did not start and I could not compress the brake pedal. Is this a dead battery or something else? The window did not slightly roll down when I opened the door. I had to use a little force to open. I am a newbie here and do not know much about cars. When I placed the car in the unit I left the doors unlocked and the parking brake off.

What would you suggest I do? I did not have jumper cables with me. I will have to find about 25 ft cables as I did not back the car into the unit as I am an idiot and did not think about it.

I only have about 1100 miles on the car so it is hard to believe the battery is dead. The key fob also would not unlock or open the trunk. Hopefully I won’t have to crawl into the trunk for the release as I am a bigger guy and would probably have to use the jaws of life to get back out.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for sharing their knowledge.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Will comfortably say it is the battery. All the symptoms you describe indicate a dead (nearly dead) battery. Some light or something was probably left on and drained it or perhaps you have a parasitic drain somewhere (I wouldnt be alarmed until you know nothing was left on).

Need a jump or different battery to get it out of the unit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got my 2017 HC a month ago. I had the same thing happen ( kinda ). Put her away. Went out to start 1 week later, she tried to turn over, but would not start. Some lights were on some were not. As I kept trying to start, the lights slowly faded to off. In the end only the trans light was on. Tried to start off a Battery pack, but it was so dead, was a no go. The dealer was great, they came out to me, and jumped started using their car. The HC started immediately. I figured the battery was no good. They tested it and said it was fine. So now I'm thinking I have a parasitic leech happening. So after the battery was charged, I locked the car using the Fob, and waited to see if any lights stayed on. Sure enough they did! The roof lights, were not going off. The dimmer to the left of the steering wheel, was turned to the direction that would leave the lights on all the time. I had no idea these dimmers did that ( even though I thought I had researched everything lol ) So I simply make sure that dimmer is to the off position, and have not had a problem since. I would say it is a battery in your case also. My car is new also, and the battery died within a week with the interior lights being left on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts