Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to start my car battery was dead jumped it and started right up. I shut the car off came back thirty minutes later and it wouldn't start. I pulled the battery out charged it and did a load test on it and it was good. I put the battery back in the car started right up. Tried to start the next day won't start and I can't jump it either. Need a little help please it's an 09 R/T the battery is almost a year old.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
You say it is not yet a year old battery... can you take it back to where you bought it and have them test it? Maybe it is a bad battery...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It came from the dealer so I think I will take it out and see if they think it's bad.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sounds like something is pulling a draw on it. I had a situation like this years ago on a Toronado. Turns out, inside the armrest in the passenger door, there was a cubby with a light in it. The plastic button that turned the light off when it was closed had broken off and the light was staying on. A small draw like that will drain a battery overnight.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Went out to start my car battery was dead jumped it and started right up. I shut the car off came back thirty minutes later and it wouldn't start. I pulled the battery out charged it and did a load test on it and it was good. I put the battery back in the car started right up. Tried to start the next day won't start and I can't jump it either. Need a little help please it's an 09 R/T the battery is almost a year old.
I would suggest to take the battery back to the dealer if the battery was purchased or replaced just under 12 months ago in case it is a battery issue.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Didn't the 09's have the battery cable issue? This problem sounds familiar.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Was the car sitting or stored for any length of time? If it was sitting put a 20 amp charge on it over night...if you drive it daily and it was dead over night then you either have a draw or a dead cell

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It ended up being a dead cell. I hope that is the only thing wrong and not a draw from somewhere.

·
Premium Member
7,301 Posts
Don't sweat it. Batteries can have cells go bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts