Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now my 16 SP battery has been dead when I go to start. Both times hadn't driven in 12+ hours. Nothing was left on. Any ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Its a common problem. Many post about it here and on other forums.

Anything plugged into the interiors 12v power source will draw power, even if that device is off.

Proximity keys/fobs will also always be "on" they are always communicating with the car, if they are within range of the car.

Going in/out of the car (such as cleaning it) will also activate door locks/windows, etc.

ALL of these things will draw down the battery.
I had similar problems with mine, until I relocated the keys to another part of the house, far from the garage. No more issues, less I dont drive the car for a few months.
In those cases, a cheap battery tender keeps things going perfectly and is far easier to plug in then dealing with a dead battery when you want to go someplace..

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a common problem. Many post about it here and on other forums.

Anything plugged into the interiors 12v power source will draw power, even if that device is off.

Proximity keys/fobs will also always be "on" they are always communicating with the car, if they are within range of the car.

Going in/out of the car (such as cleaning it) will also activate door locks/windows, etc.

ALL of these things will draw down the battery.
I had similar problems with mine, until I relocated the keys to another part of the house, far from the garage. No more issues, less I dont drive the car for a few months.
In those cases, a cheap battery tender keeps things going perfectly and is far easier to plug in then dealing with a dead battery when you want to go someplace..

That makes sense. The first time it happened was the day after I got the 9500ix. I thought it might have to do with it as it was the first thing I looked at. Come to think of it, it was the first thing I looked at both times. The second time I went out to do the 12v passenger tap and the battery was dead. I jumped it and went and gave it a bath instead.

My key FOB is close to the car at all times. I will have to figure that one out on where I can keep it.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,944 Posts
Put your fob in an Altoids can for cheap, or get some Fob Guards or similar

A Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts