Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get in my 2012 srt. Dash showed key for battery low. Replace battery. Ran inside and grabbed other key fob. Getting back in this time it showed key fob not detected. Showing off to my wife, I removed start button and used the key fob as a key. We drove to dinner and I reminded my wife to lock the doors. Lol. Mistake. Coming back with a full belly I pressed the unlock button. Nothing. Nada. I laugh and say we are locked out. We google what battery we need and start trekking over to Target. I never read the owners manual so I don't realize the is a key hidden inside the fob. I find it in the store and laugh at my lack of knowledge. I really need to read that manual. Be the way I think the original battery went 7 years!

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,291 Posts
replace all fob batts..if one is gone, other(s) are probably not far behind.
I also keep a new one in the glove box, in case.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I also keep a new one in the glove box, in case.
That is a great idea that you mentioned in another thread, and I immediately put a spare FOB battery in my glove box.

Before that, I would replace my FOB batteries yearly, just to be safe.

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
There's no need to keep a spare, the car has a system to read the FOB even if it's dead, you just use the FOB to press the start button and the engine will fire right up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts