Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been gong back and forth with trading in my 07 SRT8 Charger for a new Challenger. I was thinking of the IE Challenger (I can get it) but really dont want to spend that kind of money on a car. I found a 2010 Deepwater blue R/T Classic with everything but sunroof. Pretty much what I was looking for. MSRP is a little over 38k. I actually got them down to 30k. The deal is 99% done. It wont be as fast as my Charger but at this point I really dont care. LOL. Ill let you guys know what happens today. They are gonna call me around 10:00. On a side note...............the dealer THAT I WORKED FOR and know the guys there for MANY YEARS tried to realy screw me last night on a 2010 FF R/T classic with the black stripes. They would not even budge on the MSRP price at all. I told them I could get a 2010 SRT8 for less than what they were trying to sell the R/T for. They said no way. I then said how much is that fully loaded 2011 R/T Plus you just got back there on the lot?? He responded "The same price". EXACTLY!!!!!!! dorks!!! :notallthere: I then walked out.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
right now with 2011 rt's being almost exactly the same as 2010's i dont know why you wouldnt get a 2010 srt since the prices are down $8k +

i think ive even seen pcp's for $7k off

this is a golden opportunity to get a better car for just a couple of grand more than the RT your looking at

go on the internet and fill out some forms to get multiple bids..screw that dealership if they want to play games....you'll get a nice DY 2010 SRT for $38,000

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
why not?

since you dont keep your cars very long the future trade in value will be much higher for a SRT id think....why pay almost the same for a lesser car?

i dont know why anyone would buy a 2011 RT right now with 2010 SRT's out there for almost the same price

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesnt really matter anyway, The dealers where im at dont want to sell anything!!!!!! They say one thing then all of the sudden they want more money. Why in the hell do the dealers where I live dont want to come down hardly ANY off of the MSRP price. I guess thats why the car has been on the lot for OVER A YEAR and they still dont want to sell it for what its worth or what the R/T's are going for now. Screw um!!!!

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
We got our 10 SRT auto for almost $7500 off msrp. It had been at the dealer for a year. No problem getting them to deal. They wanted to sell it. They have 10 R/T Classic HO with stripes, they are willing to sell cheap also.

·
Registered
276 Posts
They SAY a lower price to get you interested to come back. I delt with that on my SE and I only bought it from them because no where else local had the DWB. Otherwise, my business would NOT have gone to them. The other dealer, who could have gotten my business if they offered to get my DWB, didn't want the hassel of trying to get it.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And the whole f-ed up thing about it is that I KNOW these guys. Ive been with chrysler for over 15 years and pretty much know all the managers and sales guys at these dealers. Never had a problem with any of em. But when it comes to selling me a car its like they dont want me to have it. Oh well, Ill keep my SRT8 for now.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Damn after incentives etc I got my 2010 for $35k and in NY of all places where there damn theifs!!!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, the dealer finally manned up and gave me the deal that should have happened. Also, the reason im not getting a 2010 SRT8 for 4-5 grand more is because ive had a 6.1L SRT8 for over 3 years and want a 5.7L to play with. The 6.1L is a good engine but is a bit to finicky in the Florida heat. I have seen the new 5.7L beat many SRT8's out at the track because of the heat. When mine was stock it would feel like a 4 cyl at times when the temps go up. The 5.7 seems to be a bit more heat friendly. There are a few more reasons I didnt go with another 6.1L also. I didnt want a new 6.4L because I dont feel like paying that much for a car right now. Thats a little later down the road. :)

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
^^^ Congrats, I'm glad you got your car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts