Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One dealer I went to to inquire about the IE challenger said he could add the sunroof and a back up camera. I was wondering if I could expect factory quality on an added sunroof?

Any thoughts or experiences?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had back-up sensors, but not camera , will it work with our 430n radio or seperate screen or even rearview mirror perhaps?

·
Registered
883 Posts
The dealer installed a "factory" approved sunroof because we negotiated it in the deal. It was installed at a local body shop and they did a fantastic job. The quality appeared to be better than the factory one that I saw in the other IE they had. Its covered under the factory warranty. It shuts when I turn off the ignition and does not leak one bit. As long as it's a dealer certified sun roof I would not hesitate one bit.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
How much for the camera and install?
Aftermarket Lockpic from Coastal tech $375 (latest top of the line)

Lic. plate camera w/ night vision $80

About 1.5 - 2 hours labor.

Not sure what Dodge will offer or how much, but if it's like anything else (see catbacks, CAI) generally 20% more lol.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I would never let someone cut a hole in my car. Ask them to locate what you want or start calling other dealers. My dealer here has a white IE, 6-speed, roof, don't know what other options. They are out there.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Well they did not cut a hole in my car, they cut a hole in their car. I put a small down payment on the car contingent on the sunroof being up to my standards. If it was not I walked. It actually was better than what I saw from the factory so no complaints here. Actually I took a friend for a ride the other day and first thing he said, well after the seat comment, was nice sunroof.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Whats the going rate for a dealer installed sunroof? Hard for me to imagine a factory appearing aftermarket sunroof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts