Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Furious Fuscia Challenger Classic R/T
Dealer can't find Sales Code LAZ (EVIC) with Starscan. Says not there.
Dodge.com says EVIC standard on SRT8, Optional on R/T. Chrysler told
dealer not an option on my car. All the threads I've read in forum indicate
that LAZ/EVIC are there and easy to program. Appreciate any help...
Had DRL's activated for crazy drivers in Vega$. They don't change in intensity from the parking lights as the forum has indicated.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Do you have the steering wheel for EVIC (volume controls ect.)? I've heard some of the programming devices don't work on 2010s but I thought they wouldn't communicate if they didn't work not leave options out. I thought all RTs had that option available, maybe FFs are differant. the programming device is the only thought I have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked up the ECG on-line and I don't believe the EVIC was there or part of it. I'll re-check just to make sure. The steering wheel controls are for the radio volume and for the cluster displays to change mileage and temperature..does say ECO, but don't see it changing while I am driving. I contacted Dodge.com re: there on-line stuff saying EVIC was standard on the SRT8 and optional on the R/T. No response yet.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If you have a ECO light I bet you have EVIC. You can adjust how easy the ECO light comes on in the extended EVIC display. So it may be turned to a point you don't see it. Go into auto stick and see if it goes out, or hold down the menu and home button for 6 sec or so and see if it lets you in extened mode.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts

Convenience/Security Groups
Here it shows EVIC as Electronic Convenience package

Electronics Convenience Group
Close
$1,350

Includes:
  • Instrument Cluster with Display Screen
  • iPod® ControlClose iPod® Control goes one step further than Audio Jack. Connect most iPod-compatible devices, including iPods, iPod Nano®, iPod Touch®, and iPhone®, to your car using the iPod Control cable. Then put it away and control your iPod through your car's media center or steering wheel controls. Keep your eyes on the road while browsing your MP3 collection. Keeps your iPod charged, too.
  • Keyless Go™
  • Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with Microphone
  • Security Alarm
  • Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls
  • Temperature and Compass Gauge
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring DisplayClose The Tire Pressure Monitoring System continuously checks all four tires and reports back on an overhead display to keep you informed of irregularities that could degrade handling and vehicle safety.
  • Traveler / Mini Trip Computer
  • Uconnect™ Phone with Voice CommandClose Communicate virtually hands-free with an in-vehicle, voice-activated system that allows you to talk using your Bluetooth®-compatible phone.
  • Universal Garage Door Opener
  • Electronic Vehicle Information Center
  • Remote Start System (N/A with Manual Transmission) (Unavailable with some configurations)

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
i don't understand what you have and what you are trying to do here. Chrysler is correct and the dealer installed option LAZ sales code is not available on the chalenger. is was only available as a factory installed option sales code LAZP. that P means package. the LAZP was part of the convience group package.

the good news is you don't need the dealer to add the LAZ sales code in order to make the EVIC cluster work. you just need to swap your base cluster for one equipped with the EVIC menus. add the steering wheel switches, harness, and sales code RDZ to enable the switches. everything in the cluster will work except the compass. the compass is in the overhead console.

the bad news is the sales code for the compass is not available on the challenger.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I must be thinking of something else when I'm talking ECO light. My owners manual only shows the word ECO on the premium cluster in the speedometer. Some of those other lights on the basic cluster must be the ECO light your talking about.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
S/S don't take me wrong I don't know much about these things. In fact mine is the only current Challenger I've even driven. Please don't think I'm trying to argue any of these points with you just trying to learn so I can be helpfull later.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
after i reread what he said, i believe his car didn't come the steering wheel switches or the EVIC cluster. if this is the case, he will need to buy the steering wheel switches, the pigtail harness for the switches, and a whole new cluster equipped with EVIC. then the dealer can enable the switches with the sales code. there is no need to enable the EVIC with a sales code. it will work, other than the compass that reads --. if he want the compass to work, he will need to add the homelink module in the overhead console. then see me to enable the compass.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts