Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my SRT8 and right on the lot the EVIC system was malfunctioning. Brought it back home to NJ and had the local dealer look at it to determine that the buss has low voltage and the instrument panel is bad. Had the car three days, dealer has had it 10 more, and they are forecasting another 10 days before the part arrives.

No one can locate this part. Called customer service and they just repeat whats on the screen.

Fully loaded car, with 269 miles and it's not even in my driveway.

So far not impressed. Selling Dealer admitted that they didn't check the car out.

Any ideas on who to call to escalate?

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
FF have you tried to contact Dodgecares?

We are not on the forum 24/7.
If you need customer assistance, you can always contact
Dodge at 800-4aDodge (800-423-6343.)

Operating Hours (may vary during Holidays):
M-F 7:00 am - 12 Midnight ET
Sat 8:00 am - 8:00 pm ET; Sun 9:00 am - 5:00 pm ET

You may also contact us by email via our brand site. Simply click on Contact Us at the bottom of the Homepage.

Dodge: Dodge Vehicles | Build your own SUV, Crossover, Minivan or Car | Dodge (Dodge Vehicles | Build your own SUV, Crossover, Minivan or Car | Dodge)

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
For anyone reading this, whenever I buy a new car I test drive that car prior to signing for it. Many times the car you buy isn't the one you test drive at a dealership. I also look through it all so if something like your situation occurs you can refuse it until corrected as they are motivated by your money to correct it quickly.
They will get your part and will fix your car, I absolutely understand how you must feel since its so new.
As frustrated as you are try and not wig out on the parts/service guys, it's not their doing and they want to get it fixed for you sooner, not later.
Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I feel your pain; my 14 SRT8 Chally has the same problem. The EVIC froze on me during the first month, took it in to the dealer and the tech said it needed a new radio? I am like what the hell, it’s the cluster stupid! So the EVIC un-froze and I told the service rep to stand by, lets see if it happens again. It did, so I take it back and this time they order a new cluster. Waited several weeks and the part finally came in, took it in and guess what they ordered the wrong part again. So now I am waiting for the new cluster, we will see if the dealer gets it right this time!

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
I wish the OP would finish the story on his car. I'm hoping it is fine now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts