Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They haven't built ANY GWE's. No more info available. That fire might delay things more than we think. They build these rare colors in batches. When Dodge has all the orders and the parts, that's when they roll.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Who ever told you we batch build colours lied to you. We built all of our colours all mixed together over all models and all three car lines.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The suspense is killing me!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Who ever told you we batch build colours lied to you. We built all of our colours all mixed together over all models and all three car lines.
Hey BB, cause I'm curious and just plain dont know, I was wondering why are they waiting to build the GWE cars? My guess is that supplies are not met yet to move them completely down the line. Just guessin. :dunno:

·
Registered
154 Posts
ok, your killing me. what is a GWE car?? Great White Eleifant:pimp:

·
Registered
954 Posts
:scratchhead:whaaaat? i thought these were being done in early feb? and what fire? yea i heard they were running thru gwe in batches too,i guess theres a lot of mis-information out there

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Manufactures set launch dates and just like the IE cars they opened the order banks months before one even ran down the line. That's just how they do things.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BB, Maybe I mis-enterpited want the dealer told me. BUT, is it not true that when they do come out with these rare colors that they tend to build them at one time? Did they not for the most part build all the PC, DY, B5, HO at a certain scheduled times?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is Brampton really the only plant? Because my dealer told me he found a GWE in mexico and he swears it will be shipped to europe next week. I wonder...

·
Registered
478 Posts
The closest any Challenger will get to Mexico is the motor. Its made and assembled there. Brampton is the one and only production plant for Challenger. Be patient, and trust BB! He obviously knows what he's talking about. As for your dealer, you might want to find out what he's smoking.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
BB, Maybe I mis-enterpited want the dealer told me. BUT, is it not true that when they do come out with these rare colors that they tend to build them at one time? Did they not for the most part build all the PC, DY, B5, HO at a certain scheduled times?
They are built within a specific time frame , but they dont all come down one after another and we also continue to build the other colours along with the special colour

Is Brampton really the only plant? Because my dealer told me he found a GWE in mexico and he swears it will be shipped to europe next week. I wonder...
Yup we are , like I said it must be a custom paint job

The closest any Challenger will get to Mexico is the motor. Its made and assembled there. Brampton is the one and only production plant for Challenger. Be patient, and trust BB! He obviously knows what he's talking about. As for your dealer, you might want to find out what he's smoking.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
483 Posts
As you alluded to, I'm guessing the "green" his dealer will be getting from Mexico next week has nothing to do with a Challenger............:weed:

This is the second dealer I've heard of that claims he has a car coming "in the next few days", when the reality is they haven't even begun production yet. Some people will stop at nothing to get you to leave a deposit.:notallthere:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
When you say batch do you mean all in ONE batch ? As we have never ever built any colour in one large batch . We still build all the other colours of Challengers along side GWE

·
Registered
483 Posts
When you say batch do you mean all in ONE batch ? As we have never ever built any colour in one large batch . We still build all the other colours of Challengers along side GWE
Batches? We don't need no steenking batches!!:armed:

BB, I just wanted to give you a ribbin' because you haven't built anything alongside the GWE's yet..................:rofl:

Sorry, no GWE news today so I just had to have some fun.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
BB I was d-status fen 15. How much longer before I ger the car?!!!!!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts