Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to have my cracked rockers replaced today and the wonderful professional machanic that took off the old one on my passanger side must have used a crowbar to remove it, not just one dent BUT two, what is up with this fools ? If he bent it once why would he use the same tool to bend it again ? I am really sick at my stomach about this. Why not let somebody that knows we care about our cars fix them and let the lunkheads fix someones lawnmowers ? They are having some paintless dent repair place come and fix it they say and I know its in the doorjam on the rockerpanel but its just the whole Damn idea. had to vent my anger some. :icon_evil: It dont show much in the picture but they there and there are 2 of em, and I just cant quit staring at em..yeah I one picky guy but even my wifes pi$$ed....:icon_evil:

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
That sucks, sorry to see that. I worry so much about my car even when it's at the dealer. I think a lot of times people just get lazy. Who knows, maybe he asked the lot tech to do it while he went to grab another Coke. I used to work in used cars at a dealer and believe me nobody seemed to give a rats a$$ about the cars. Integrity is hard to find.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I can see the dents :disgust:, and I would be quite pi$$ed as well. I really hate seeing things like this. It just makes me more anxious whenever I have to bring my car in to the dealership for something. I know, its only a car, but come on, these guys have to use some sort of common sense when working on them. Hopefully the dents get fixed properly and she's good as new again.:bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage to you car. That's why my Challenger has only been to the dealer once in two years. I, however, have to take it in soon to get the rocker panels replaced. :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine was scratched (deep) and dinged right on the crease at the door jamb about 2 months ago at a local dealer. They of course fixed it at their hack assed body shop. I sent it back 4 times for bad repair work. Everytime I got it back there was new chips, scratches and finally a slow leak magically developed in my new rsa's. Right at the sidewall so it can't be patched. The whole thing is heartbreaking and infuriating. If I get past this without hurting someone, ill be suprised. I feel your pain brother. Nobody cares about your car like you do.

Sent from my HERO200 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Exactly why I haven't been in a rush to get my cracked rocker panel or the cracked interior door trim replaced. I'm afraid the "fix" will be worse than the problems.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I can't imagine why they used anything but their fingers to remove this piece. I removed them on my 09 so I could replace them with carbon fiber panels. As I recall, they were attached with a few clips and foam that had tape on each side. No need for any type of pry bar.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Chrysler needs to get serious about customer satisfaction.

I had my SRT-8 in once for a recall, and had my own experience with the shop. Rather than go into detail, suffice to say that it will take a major problem for me to go back there and deal with that again.

When you pay close to 50 thousand dollars for a car, you should not have to deal with people who actually cause damage to a car they are entrusted with. Receiving a car back ill repaired, dirty, or damaged just because they are jaded, and it's only a car to them does not cut it.

The only reason Dodge is getting our business is because we like the uniqueness of these cars. Otherwise, there are alternatives.

They watch this forum, and should know by now that this needs to be addressed. How about a hot line for the customer when all else fails at the dealership. Not a web site with nice graphics and slogans, but a real person who will give you a case number and follow up person who will get involved and actually get the problem taken care of. Or if they can't fix it, then buy the damn thing back!

Makes you wonder sometimes if they are serious about staying in business.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ouch!

Oh man, that sucks. I feel for ya man! Mine went to the dealer once, for it's first oil change. I watched her like a hawk. You have to these days. I hope she gets fixed correctly.

BTW... I love the license plate man! I would copy you but up here in Ontario Canada our provincial government is very ANAL. No reference to booze, drugs, sex on vanity plates. Oh well...

StevoHemi

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dealer in my town did the the same thing to a classic blue challenger along the whole lenght of the rocker panel. It made my stomache turn when I seen it. They had a student ...who used a screw driver or something similiar to pry the rivets off, which left indentations along the whole passenger side. Awesome retards

·
Registered
27 Posts
not to far off subject, but has anyone noticed distortions in the panels where the fender ends at the door, both door ends and the start of the rear panels? I completed a survey online for chrysler and mentioned this, i was called back and told to bring it to the dealer for repair. I am smart enough to know how that would turn out in regards to this thread.
I have seen this problem on several challengers including 11's. Being a black car doesnt help matters, but im curious if others are as bothered by this or am i nuts! Just doesnt seem right for a 40+g car. The panels on my wifes non- metallic black Acura are flawless and I think my challengers should be also> thanks for listening

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You guys are scaring the hell out of me. My 'closest" dealer is not my first choice but he's way more convenient than the one I bought from in Arlington, 35 miles away. They finally ordered the parts and say they have them, (rocker panels and front bumper cover....mine has buckled in the center where the "V" is). I went in the weekend after the Superbowl and I'm just not able to bring it in. I have to keep calling them, they won't call me. I think I should get a free loaner because it is going to take two days, they say. what are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dents

The dealer called me tonight a 10 till 7 and told me his dent fix guy was busy all afternoon ( yeah right ) I am taking it to a paintless dent guy I ve had fix my stuff before at 8:30 in the morning to see if he can fix it. I ll pay for it myself and the dealer can SUCK IT. I rather pay for someone I trust then the dealers buddy. I ll let ya know tommorrow.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The dealer called me tonight a 10 till 7 and told me his dent fix guy was busy all afternoon ( yeah right ) I am taking it to a paintless dent guy I ve had fix my stuff before at 8:30 in the morning to see if he can fix it. I ll pay for it myself and the dealer can SUCK IT. I rather pay for someone I trust then the dealers buddy. I ll let ya know tommorrow.
Why let the azzhole dealer off the hook? That's what they want!!! Give the jerk the bill and make him reimburse you. If he balks, start going up the chain of command at Chrysler.

·
Registered
619 Posts
And some wondered why we pulled our own door panels off to fix the cracked door trim.

If you think this is bad, try seeing your trans pan smashed in because the mechanic dropped it 4 feet from the ground. He denied it until I screamed at him to come clean in front of the service manager. Ford dealership 18 years ago.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great... I was going to take it in to get the oil changed and was going to go ahead and have them replace mine. One side is cracked at at the 90 degree bend and the other is cracked about a foot back near the door line 3" split. I want this fixed but was already nervous. I know there is like a 50/50 change something else will get f'ed up while it's there. I also need a new radiator hose "small drip"....

hate going to the dealer.

I don't even want to go into what my friend last week at the Toyota dealership on a simple oil change.

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
I can't imagine why they used anything but their fingers to remove this piece. I removed them on my 09 so I could replace them with carbon fiber panels. As I recall, they were attached with a few clips and foam that had tape on each side. No need for any type of pry bar.

Can you post the removal and installation process so that we can do the work ourselves? Any special tools needed?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Can you post the removal and installation process so that we can do the work ourselves? Any special tools needed?
I'm doing this from memory so it may not be 100% accurate. As I recall, all I had to do was remove some plastic rivets at each end of the panel. Then just pull, and I can't remember which way, up or out, on the panel to release some clips. After that, just pull the panel away away from the car to release 3 or 4 pieces of foam that has tape on each side. These foam blocks hold the panel to the lower part of the car. That's it. Pretty easy.

Installation is just the opposite.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
update

It cant be fixxed by the paintless dent repair place, He said he cant get to it because of the frame inside of the rocker panel ( I didnt think so anyway ) so I go the a sign place here that made my Hemi R/T emblems and ask if he can make me some covers to hide the dents, he checks it out and makes me some real sweet covers to hide the damage, I go back to the dealer then and tell the service manager ( John ) what I found out and he tells me he can have it fixxed and painted and I said I dont want any paint work done on my car and show him my covers I had made and tell him what my plan is and I need a set of the door jam covers that come on the classic trim package and for them to pay for my decals that I had made. He tells me what ever will make me happy and we shake hands he takes me to the parts department and gets my door jam covers and has em make me a check for my decals. I ll have to remove my Billet tech covers But I ll have my damage covered up and I think it might be kinda cool when I get em done. I ll do some before and after pics, hope I can do it this weekend. sorry for the long story. but I am in a much better mood and slept great last night. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
It cant be fixxed by the paintless dent repair place, He said he cant get to it because of the frame inside of the rocker panel ( I didnt think so anyway ) so I go the a sign place here that made my Hemi R/T emblems and ask if he can make me some covers to hide the dents, he checks it out and makes me some real sweet covers to hide the damage, I go back to the dealer then and tell the service manager ( John ) what I found out and he tells me he can have it fixxed and painted and I said I dont want any paint work done on my car and show him my covers I had made and tell him what my plan is and I need a set of the door jam covers that come on the classic trim package and for them to pay for my decals that I had made. He tells me what ever will make me happy and we shake hands he takes me to the parts department and gets my door jam covers and has em make me a check for my decals. I ll have to remove my Billet tech covers But I ll have my damage covered up and I think it might be kinda cool when I get em done. I ll do some before and after pics, hope I can do it this weekend. sorry for the long story. but I am in a much better mood and slept great last night. :thumbsup:

sounds good man, glad they worked with you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts