Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a function/department at Dodge corporate to hear/handle/adjudicate service related disagreements between customers and dealer service departments?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Before you go outside of Chrysler you have to show that you had no other recourse. Plus it's not fair not to give corporate a chance to rectify what the dealers do. You could contact Customer Care (email, live chat or phone on Dodge.com), which has been pretty slow for some, or PM DodgeCares (Regina) here Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums - View Profile: DodgeCares

In my experience, the BBB has proven toothless. They call up the business and post your negative review if there's no resolution. Most businesses don't seem to care. And when it's time to "adjudicate", I personally think of this guy (joke):

Attachments

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Before you go outside of Chrysler you have to show that you had no other recourse. Plus it's not fair not to give corporate a chance to rectify what the dealers do. You could contact Customer Care (email, live chat or phone on Dodge.com), which has been pretty slow for some, or PM DodgeCares (Regina) here Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums - View Profile: DodgeCares

In my experience, the BBB has proven toothless. They call up the business and post your negative review if there's no resolution. Most businesses don't seem to care. And when it's time to "adjudicate", I personally think of this guy (joke):
Agreed. The BBB has no bite, or anything else anymore. Contact Chrysler directly as USRWDV8 stated.

Reactions: USRWDV8

·
Registered
978 Posts
I contacted Dodge by email with my recent dealer trouble. A corporate rep was back to me the next day and she contacted the dealership as well. The manager of the dealership called me to say Natasha from corporate called him to ensure they were taking care of me.

I would start there and see what happens.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Is there a function/department at Dodge corporate to hear/handle/adjudicate service related disagreements between customers and dealer service departments?
If the car is under warranty, the recourse is to demand arbitration per the warranty contract.

If the car is not under warranty, usually service is guaranteed for a minimum of 30-days. Send a formal letter requesting a refund for the unsatisfactory service performed, and if they decline, small claims court would be the recourse.

If the disagreement is over whether or not they should or shouldn't perform some type of service, then the recourse is to find another dealership.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Agreed. The BBB has no bite, or anything else anymore. Contact Chrysler directly as USRWDV8 stated.
The BBB worked twice for me with dealerships. The last time was I bought a car and financed the window tint with the car. Once I took the car, I could never get the dealership to tint the windows. I posted a complaint with the BBB, and within a week the dealer contacted me wanting to know what they needed to do to resolve the complaint. I told them that I would get the windows tinted else where and they could write a check. They did just that with the agreement that I remove the complaint. Its worked both times.

Reactions: Locko

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Dealers care about their standing with Chrysler since a lot of the support and incentives they receive depends not only on sales volume, but also on the number of complaints they get. So it's possible that the BBB enters the picture that way for them. We all know that some complaints are made up, however, so a third party, 'investigative' body's ratings are probably not as important to dealers as direct complaints to corporate that get a chance to be reviewed in-house.

BBB was useless when I called upon them, but it was about a small business that didn't care about its rating - there's always another sucker too stupid to look them up around the corner. I checked out most dealers around me and their BBB ratings were pretty bad or meaningless as the BBB's idea of a complaint resolution is not mine. That's why I'm not recommending the BBB.

My personal M.O. is to escalate things up the 'chain of command' before launching what is mostly retaliatory action or legal proceedings that take time, effort and money. As raVenX stated, however, there are various avenues to pursue depending on the type of disagreement.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that I have contacted Customer Care, what happens now? Does the case simply get referred back to the dealer's service manager (with whom I disagree) or (hopefully) someone more likely to be more objective?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Now that I have contacted Customer Care, what happens now? Does the case simply get referred back to the dealer's service manager (with whom I disagree) or (hopefully) someone more likely to be more objective?
In my case, the customer care rep emailed me the next day to let me know they got my grievance, and she contacted the manager at the dealership to have him get with me and resolve the problem. He did contact me, not that there was anything left I needed from them since I'd already taken care of everything myself. Then customer care called me to follow up a couple days later to ensure it was addressed to my satisfaction, and they said they were sending letters to both the owner of the dealership and the overall Chrysler dealership office for tracking. If your complaint specifically named that manager as the problem, I would hope they'd be smart enough to go over his head and have the next level up contact you. However, if not, I would expect them to follow up and you could let them know it still hasn't been addressed and needs to be escalated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts