Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was window shopping at the 2017 Challengers at the Vegas dealerships this week. I cannot believe the prices I saw (not just on Challengers but on all cars). You're not getting a duelly for under $75k nor a Jeep Wrangler for under $32k.

In any case on ALL the 2017 Challengers had these fees listed on the right side of the price sheet.

-------------------------------------------------
DEALER ADD ONS
Flashing rear third tail light - $595
Nitrogen filled tires - $295
Document Preparation Fee - $499
Heat resistant paint treatment - $495
GPS anti-theft $295
Market Adjustment $9,999

Can I ask a simple question....WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD PAY FOR THIS?!

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,937 Posts
I lived in Vegas for 4 years (2012-2015), I never bought a car there because they believed them to be gold bars on wheels!! I always bought a car out of State in those days.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Absolutely NOT! I currently live here and bought mine at Towbin back in '11. I think the most ridiculous one is the $295.00 for Nitrogen. The atmosphere already contains about 78% nitrogen. I find it an absolute waste in passenger car tires. This is part of why dealerships get such a bad reputation for ripping people off. If you are seriously on the market for a new car, I wouldn't worry too much about the inflated fees. Simply negotiate what you are willing to pay for the car flat out. There are (I think) 3 dealers in town. Work them all and see what the best deal is.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
No way. I live near the world's largest Dodge dealership, and they've had me walk away on more than one occasion for pulling BS like that. There is always someone else. What dealership was this, BTW?

·
Registered
236 Posts
How I look at it is that they are just taking advantage of the people who aren't willing to negotiate.

Tell them you aren't paying for any of that crap, especially not the "market adjustment". If they don't want to work with you, walk away.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,768 Posts
You answered your question...no one in their right mind...

A Guy

·
Registered
515 Posts
Most dealers have a doc fee, that one is on the high side for sure. The rest is garbage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No way. Buy it some place that won't rape you on the price. Fly out and drive it back if you have to. You can have it serviced at any dealership, regardless of where you bought it. $300 worth of N2? $500 doc fees? Fuggetaboutit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,862 Posts
DEALER ADD ONS
GPS anti-theft $295
Market Adjustment $9,999

$295 for nitrogen filled tires....I guess they think nitrogen is a noble gas?! :wink3:

·
Registered
515 Posts
DEALER ADD ONS
GPS anti-theft $295
Market Adjustment $9,999

$295 for nitrogen filled tires....I guess they think nitrogen is a noble gas?! :wink3:
I have a source where i can get 78% Nitrogen air in my tires for free!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
776 Posts
Damn...I better go right out and make sure the paint is still on my car ...

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I bought a Mustang from a Las Vegas dealership last year (long story) and they wanted a $500 doc fee. I ended up buying the car at invoice, paying half the doc fee, and getting an extended warranty for free. I didn't feel too bad about that deal. I hate doc fees, they're a rip-off.

Reactions: Blackscat17

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
I was window shopping at the 2017 Challengers at the vegas dealerships this week. I cannot believe the prices I saw (not just on Challengers but on all cars). You're not getting a duelly for under $75k nor a jeep wrangler for under $32k.

In any case on ALL the 2017 Challengers had these fees listed on the right side of the price sheet.

DEALER ADD ONS
GPS anti-theft $295
Market Adjustment $9,999

Can I ask a simple question....WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD PAY FOR THIS?!
Wow - this makes CA dealers look reasonable - that's something I'd never say before...

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
When I was shopping for my car, I looked around all over the country. Just kind of a curious thing because I had no plans to buy a car from out of state. There was one car dealer in Southern California that was adding some of the things the OP mentioned. What I found downright dirty about the dealer, every model, except the Hellcat, were equipped with the least expensive wheels. Every model on the lot had the same damn wheels. I'm sure they had all the ones originally on the car, on a pallet out back. Car dealers wonder why they are hated. Duh!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Currently considering a Trackhawk. Every dealer I contacted except 1 was tacking on a 10k "market adjustment ". When I finally got fed up and said why would I pay the market adjustment to you greedy bastards when I can go here and not pay it, the greedy sales manager actually said that other dealership is stupid and losing out. That's the mentality. Bleed'em for all you can, then cry for a government bailout when times get tough.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Currently considering a Trackhawk. Every dealer I contacted except 1 was tacking on a 10k "market adjustment ". When I finally got fed up and said why would I pay the market adjustment to you greedy bastards when I can go here and not pay it, the greedy sales manager actually said that other dealership is stupid and losing out. That's the mentality. Bleed'em for all you can, then cry for a government bailout when times get tough.
I'm no fan of shady car dealers or their tactics, but it was the manufacturers who were bailed out not the dealers. There is so much information available and it's so competitive nobody should be getting ripped off if they do just a little research. As for markups they are lame, but I don't blame the dealer I blame the idiots paying them. Look how the prices on Hellcats have tanked the same will happen with the other models always does. I got a good deal when I bought my Hellcat, but it would have been even better if I had waited.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my scatpack from prestige in centennial last august. I made sure I didn't pay for any of those fees. It's customary for dealers to try and rip off its customers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I got my Scat, the dealer had added in the FCA Maxcare lifetime warranty - for $5000, "Fabric protection" for $599, "Paint protection" for $995. Of course, none of this was listed on their website, or I would not have even bothered. It took a couple hours, but they removed all those charges. The last negotiation had the salesman running after me as I was getting in my truck to leave. "Okay, my sales manager said we can remove those charges!" Damn right you can, you J.O.
Dodge heard about it when I received my sales satisfaction survey.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts