Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That's almost as bad as the Superbowl Halftime show.

Hopefully the dealer will bow deep and make it right, that's just bad.
Yeh i hear you, i wasn't around much after i purchased the car and tomorrow definitely dealer will hear from me

·
Registered
374 Posts
To answer your question on paint codes, there is never an absolute 100%, just spray it match with anything. Batches of base can vary a little from lot to lot and any decent shop will do a spray out and tint to match as best as possible, then blend. It's tough because reds and silvers are notoriously hard to match. The shop did an absolutely horrible job and for that, I feel for you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would open up a case with Dodge directly & see if they can help you get this panel properly resprayed & color matched. If not, take it to a reputable body shop & have them respray & color match the panel to your satisfaction and ask the dealership to recompense you.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Some things never change. Hard to imagine that they thought that was anywhere near a acceptable paint match. As one member once stated "lose their phone number"....

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
The Super Bowl halftime show is supposed to be a "family friendly" show. Not so sure that "show" was very family-friendly. :) It was more about half-dressed women shaking their booty - with stripper poles and everything.... Yes, that may be nice to look at, but I don't think that the Super Bowl halftime show is the proper place or time for it. I truly think that the actual singing part was secondary - hell some of it wasn't even in English. :)

To each their own, but definitely was not my cup of tea... A good old American Rock & Roll band would have been nice.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
They didn't blend. What a disaster.
I'm not sure blending would help much......those two shades are just too far apart to ever look right. A harsh line between the color of the door vs the fender makes it worse for sure but even where they did blend between the roof and fender......the color difference is super noticeable.

I'd definitely make an argument to just do it over again and this time have the painter "tweak" the paint as required to match. This can be done as shown in the video. The other way to go would be to paint the whole car but ultimately that shouldn't be necessary and if gentle persuasion can't get the job done.......it's time to get more aggressive and send those Pictures to Dodge. It really is pretty incredible that this dealer would even have the STONES to deliver a new car that looks this bad. I'd expect better from a body shop repair on a 10 year old collision repaired car with paint faded as a color to match.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I'm not sure blending would help much......those two shades are just too far apart to ever look right. A harsh line between the color of the door vs the fender makes it worse for sure but even where they did blend between the roof and fender......the color difference is super noticeable.

I'd definitely make an argument to just do it over again and this time have the painter "tweak" the paint as required to match. This can be done as shown in the video. The other way to go would be to paint the whole car but ultimately that shouldn't be necessary and if gentle persuasion can't get the job done.......it's time to get more aggressive and send those Pictures to Dodge. It really is pretty incredible that this dealer would even have the STONES to deliver a new car that looks this bad. I'd expect better from a body shop repair on a 10 year old collision repaired car with paint faded as a color to match.
I talk to the manager and he was very angry that his guys delivered the car to me like this and wanted me to bring the car back , which i'll do next week.
This was very encouraging and i'm excited but still worrying how this body shop will do the job again.
I'll let you guys know (y)

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
If the paint looks good but only the color is off then maybe there is hope so good luck with that.

Yeah some of these dealer body shops can cause a real mess, I mean it's so obvious yet they deliver the car back to you anyway.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I talk to the manager and he was very angry that his guys delivered the car to me like this and wanted me to bring the car back , which i'll do next week.
This was very encouraging and i'm excited but still worrying how this body shop will do the job again.
I'll let you guys know (y)
Hey that's great news. Very happy for you!

Sounds like someone cares about the work they put out there at this dealer. Mistakes happen and not everyone at any business is 100% professional or fully committed to the GOOD reputation of the business. How-ever as long as the people in management positions are committed to good work any mistake can be corrected.

Good thing too. Your car painted as they let it out the door is a rolling advertisement for this dealership. What it says right now:

"Run, don't walk .....but RUN to a different dealer"

I'm sure they understand how when-ever anyone asks why car looks as it does right now the answer, pardon the pun, paints a less than flattering picture of what someone who buys or has service done should expect if they choose to use this dealer.

Ultimately this was completely preventable I bet they fix it to your satisfaction given his "angry" reaction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hey that's great news. Very happy for you!

Sounds like someone cares about the work they put out there at this dealer. Mistakes happen and not everyone at any business is 100% professional or fully committed to the GOOD reputation of the business. How-ever as long as the people in management positions are committed to good work any mistake can be corrected.

Good thing too. Your car painted as they let it out the door is a rolling advertisement for this dealership. What it says right now:

"Run, don't walk .....but RUN to a different dealer"

I'm sure they understand how when-ever anyone asks why car looks as it does right now the answer, pardon the pun, paints a less than flattering picture of what someone who buys or has service done should expect if they choose to use this dealer.

Ultimately this was completely preventable I bet they fix it to your satisfaction given his "angry" reaction.
I'm also very happy from managers reaction but question is are these guys capable of doing the right job (i'm not talking about the manager, talking about the body shop they use)
We will see soon enough i guess.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scatpack
25 Posts
If it looks like that in a picture, I bet it does stick out like a sore thumb in real time. I just got over a paint and body shop disaster I went through with a truck I restored. Good luck, I feel your pain.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
1,208 Posts
Great to hear they are going to do something to correct that horrible job. I would not except the car back til it looks perfect, like a new car is supposed to look. When I looked at the pics you posted I thought they put a white door on a silver car.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Of course, we all hope it goes well. But "recently" I have never seen body shop match the OEM paint 100% on the car. We are car guys, so we can tell.

I used "recently" as in the last 10 years because I think there are too many pearls and other additives added to the paint. And even one example from a dealership's own body shop.

In the old days, the best I have seen one that I would say it was 90% perfect.

I don't mind saying, I traded in two cars because the end result did not match - to my eyes. It bothered me every time I look at the car.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I recently damaged the front end of my 2018 Challenger and I must say, the body shop matched the paint perfectly. I'm talking texture and color. I'm VERY picky about stuff like that and I cannot find a flaw in the paint work. That being said, it's a white car (although someone on here mentioned that white is actually one of the harder colors to match, which I didn't expect).

So it can definitely be done - especially when they blend it with the other panels properly. If there are any color differences, they certainly can't be detected...

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Ok, i don't know what was i thinking to say passenger side, it's on drivers side and here two pictures, first one i took today, this is the best i can show the differences i don't know because of the angle you look at or cloudy / sunny day reason, whatever might be some days shows much nicer than others.
But you get the idea what these guys did and after all these dealer telling me that they can't promise exact match is unacceptable to me.
Now this thing bothers me more than EVER! View attachment 986254

View attachment 986255
That can't even be the same paint code...You should be able to get that corrected with no pushback. That is total BS.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 54 Posts