Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazing somebody has the balls to do this.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Amazing somebody has the balls to do this.

Should be left strung from a light post outside the dealer by said balls if caught.

What happens to these cars when something like this happens to them?

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure every state has a dollar limit for damage and at that point, they must disclose it by law. That's if in the process they did some body damage that would need repair, don't think they'd count the wheel replacement as damage costs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Definitely could see some undercarriage body damage coming into play from the weight of those cars being balanced on those cinder blocks. Hell, at least down here the thieves usually have the courtesy of placing a cinder block under each rotor for weight distribution.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Same thing happened at my local dealer back in the winter to an '18 Challenger TA 392 and an '18 Durango SRT. They both sat for about 2 months on jack stands on the lot waiting for backordered factory rims. Never taken off lot or out of inventory. These will be sold new as soon as they get new sneakers. Amazing that they dealer doesn't have cameras or nobody noticed this happening. This too more than a few minutes to do.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The corporate office where I work is in Sunrise Florida and wheel thieves have stolen wheels from several Porsche, BMW and Jaguars during working hours!

·
Registered
55 Posts
It’s very highly doubtful and wrong but can’t see them disclosing it.
If there's no damage, there's nothing to disclose. Dealer will order new oem wheels and tires and put them back on the lot. If there's any sort of damage, it should absolutely be disclosed.

This happens a lot. It happened to us back in 2014. We had around $50k worth stolen in one night. Another dealership closer to Dallas had around $175k worth stolen and one in Tyler, Tx had around $250k stolen.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Notice how the Yellow Shaker has Dynamics? So these were all Hellcat wheels, yes they knew exactly what they wanted.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This totally reminded me of our local Dodge dealer. The department I work for had a unmarked Charger (detective bureau) stolen from wherever the dealer had it parked overnight for service. Light package, radios... Scary. People really do have stones though... lol.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Holy crap. How long do you all think it took to do this. Assuming they weren't Nascar crewmen. Two guys using hydraulic floor jacks......what, maybe 5 minutes per car? 40 minutes total. Then loaded 32 wheels where? Two/three pickup trucks? One box/stake side truck?

Must be a remote rural location, no security...maybe an insider who knew that nobody was watching?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Holy crap. How long do you all think it took to do this. Assuming they weren't Nascar crewmen. Two guys using hydraulic floor jacks......what, maybe 5 minutes per car? 40 minutes total. Then loaded 32 wheels where? Two/three pickup trucks? One box/stake side truck?

Must be a remote rural location, no security...maybe an insider who knew that nobody was watching?
I doubt it took that long. People like that don't care if they do damage to the cars. I doubt they looked for jack points, just threw it under anywhere and hit the lugs with an electric impact. Probably less than 15 minutes for all of the cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts