Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK fine the title is a little misleading.

But I found this car online from the dealer I bought mine from.

I can't find a single difference between this and my car, down to the price. Color, Shaker, bee stripe, manual, six speaker alpine, everything is exactly the same. At first I thought they never took the car down. So I compared the Vin, and it's different.

I know our cars are not "rare" but I still was under the impression mine might at least be a little unique... My dreams are crushed.

Side note, looks like they have a handful of 2020 scats, in charger and challenger.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
505 Posts
So a Scat Pack + Shaker + Manual transmission + Go Mango. Nice ride, definitely... but not really unique in terms of options. I don't see an Alpine on the Window Sticker though.

I've been watching Dave Smith since I ordered my Scat back in April. A total guess on my part....but I think they got five Scats on the same shipment my car came in on (which is why mine took so long waiting for their allotment). The build on this one is 8/6, so it is pretty fresh off the assembly line. These are the first Challengers DSM has received since pre-Covid.

Noticeable... Dave Smith is still using a stock photo on their website for this car. Older Challengers have had their picture taken with the DSM logo in the back ground. Mine was on the 'hot sheet' a couple weeks ago - so maybe they have not gotten around to the exact car pictures on their website yet for on-the-lot cars.

Despite all the frustration I went through, DSM has been good to deal with. PM me if anyone wants more....

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
It’s not uncommon for some of the larger dealers to have multiple quantities of the same car on order, with a “cookie cutter” approach to ordering, with perhaps only the color being the only thing that is different.

Kernersville Dodge in NC does the same thing, as evidenced by so many like cars (and trucks) having sequentially numbered VIN’s within their listings.

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
Was just gonna say that about the sequenctial VIN's, this is very common among dealers and they will often have multiple cars exactly the same with maybe only the colors different.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
It is not uncommon for a dealer to order a number of cars with the same package/options except color and in a lot of cases several of the same color if it is popular.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So a Scat Pack + Shaker + Manual transmission + Go Mango. Nice ride, definitely... but not really unique in terms of options. I don't see an Alpine on the Window Sticker though.

I've been watching Dave Smith since I ordered my Scat back in April. A total guess on my part....but I think they got five Scats on the same shipment my car came in on (which is why mine took so long waiting for their allotment). The build on this one is 8/6, so it is pretty fresh off the assembly line. These are the first Challengers DSM has received since pre-Covid.

Noticeable... Dave Smith is still using a stock photo on their website for this car. Older Challengers have had their picture taken with the DSM logo in the back ground. Mine was on the 'hot sheet' a couple weeks ago - so maybe they have not gotten around to the exact car pictures on their website yet for on-the-lot cars.

Despite all the frustration I went through, DSM has been good to deal with. PM me if anyone wants more....
I found my window sticker stashed on my phone. I think it's 100% identical.

Like I said, I never thought mine was 1 of 1. It's not exactly decked out in options. Just interesting to find it at the same dealer I guess. At least it isn't posted 5k below what I paid.

For some reason I thought mine had 275s on it too. I don't know where I got that. I guess that leaves room for an easy upgrade when I burn them up by next summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It’s not uncommon for some of the larger dealers to have multiple quantities of the same car on order, with a “cookie cutter” approach to ordering, with perhaps only the color being the only thing that is different.

Kernersville Dodge in NC does the same thing, as evidenced by so many like cars (and trucks) having sequentially numbered VIN’s within their listings.
I don't live in a heavily populated area. So I am sure I just answered my own comment preemptively. But I haven't seen a single shaker I'm the wild, and only one orange that I think was hemi orange or one of the variants, not sure if go mango. But I have seen plenty in white, shades of gray, reds. So I wouldn't classify mine as the cookie cutter scat, enough for them to order another one. But, someone clearly bought the first one. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
Yeah, I did that just for grins and the reply said they don't have that info, to contact my dealer...yeah, right. if I wanted it, I'd just email PLMCRZY ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah, I did that just for grins and the reply said they don't have that info, to contact my dealer...yeah, right. if I wanted it, I'd just email PLMCRZY ;)

A Guy
Interesting. It worked when I made the request. I would try again and see what happens. Someone probably didn't want to take the time to look up your VIN.

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
For those that want the EXACT number, FCA might not provide that. They use the options and colors your car has and then all other cars like that are counted the same even if the other cars have extra options that you do not have.

So when FCA says you're 1 of 9 or whatever it's close but probably not exact.

PLMCRZY is the only way to get the true number if that matters to you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts