Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of my local dealers called me with a quote of $42,000 for a fully loaded 2010 R/T Classic (Furious Fuscia).

Now granted I haven't done any negotiating or anything yet. But to me that seems like a complete ripoff. I just told him I'd think about it and go shop around.

I'm thinking I should be able to get a 2011 for less than or similar to that price.

He also answered my inquiry about a GWE 2011 with a big story about having to order a bunch of other vehicles to be eligible for a special edition car like that so it would be very expensive.

Note: This is in Canada so our prices are slightly higher by default. But I still find this a bit obscene. :icon_evil:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Come to think of it, with the oil and gas price volatility right now, those 2010s will be extremely hard to get rid of in a timely fashion.

It's too bad that some of these dealers didn't try hard enough to move the remaining 2010s as it has come back to bite them!

·
Super Moderator
13,967 Posts
Have you priced it out on Edmunds or KBB to see what the MSRP and dealer costs are? Since the 2011s are out, I think the asking price is high, even for Canada.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I wouldn't drive THAT COLOR Challenger for FREE.
Your opinion on the colour isn't really relevant ;) I happen to like it.

Have you priced it out on Edmunds or KBB to see what the MSRP and dealer costs are? Since the 2011s are out, I think the asking price is high, even for Canada.
I printed off the dealer invoice price and MSRP for a 2011 R/T Classic and it came to $36,181 (Dealer Invoice) and $37,895 (MSRP). This is more or less bone stock. No added options.

With that in mind one would think a 2010 should be in the low 30's. I guess because that particular one is fully loaded it would jump up a bit. But really the only option i'm interested in is the Sound Group II for the stereo.

I might just look around for a slightly less optioned car.

EDIT: I got the dealer invoice and MSRP from CarCostCanada.com (if anyone has experience with that site)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
So one of my local dealers called me with a quote of $42,000 for a fully loaded 2010 R/T Classic (Furious Fuscia).

Note: This is in Canada so our prices are slightly higher by default. But I still find this a bit obscene. :icon_evil:
Not really. 42,000 CAN converts to 42691. US... your getting a deal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not really. 42,000 CAN converts to 42691. US... your getting a deal.
42k for a 2011 model sure. I wouldn't mind that. But I see all kinds of people around here talking about getting 2010 R/T's for like 28-31k nowadays.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

Now granted I haven't done any negotiating or anything yet. But to me that seems like a complete ripoff. I just told him I'd think about it and go shop around.

I'm thinking I should be able to get a 2011 for less than or similar to that price.

He also answered my inquiry about a GWE 2011 with a big story about having to order a bunch of other vehicles to be eligible for a special edition car like that so it would be very expensive.

Ridiculous price. Keep shopping around.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think that's a deal there if it really is fully loaded and in that limited color. We've all heard of dealer mark up especially on SRT8 or on limited color cars.

I paid sticker (42 274$ before taxes) for my PCP R/T 6 speed and electronic convenience group as options.

Of course the 2011 are here but that sounds good to me.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have a fully loaded '10 R/T and paid close to $30K for it brand new. Has everything but the data center/gps.

I wouldn't pay $42K for a 2012 model if they could deliver it tomorrow.

·
Registered
558 Posts
What's the MSRP for THAT car? It sounds closer to MSRP loaded + maybe some dealer add-on goodies.

IMO......you should be able to get 10-15% off MSRP for a loaded 2010 still on the lot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah this one was fully loaded. I'm going to try and find one that doesn't have all the extra options and get a price on that.

But as noz34me said he got a fully loaded one for 30k. If I could drive across the border and get the same car for $12,000 less I'd be willing to void the warranty bringing it back to Canada.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Here in Vaudreuil (Quebec) there's a 2010 Black SRT fully loaded 6 speed going for $48000.
I realise that's the wrong color for you, but it demonstrates the inflated price you are being quoted for an R/T

It does suck that we have to pay more for fricken cars made locally...RRrrrrr!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Find your final price that you are willing to pay then go to a few *stealerships* and tell them a few thousand below that and you will get the car. It took me 3 weeks before i got mine.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I like the furious fuscia,you rarely see one but that prices seems 4-5k too high.i bet he wont sell it at that price especially now with the troubles in the world and gas going up daily

1 - 20 of 55 Posts