Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have an appointment next monday at the dealer for changing oil + a couple of things under warranty. My 2010 Challenger R/T has 60,000 km (about 37k miles). They told me that it's recommended to clean the injectors for $130. I've looked in the manual but Chrysler didn't mention that...

Is it really necessary?? Or it's only a trap to make money?

Thank you for you're help! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Its not needed, use some Chevron Techron fuel cleaner, it will do the same thing for $10

·
Premium Member
7,314 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Run a catch can, and your intake runners and valves will stay cleaner, too. Search it here, if you have not already installed one...

Reactions: Flat Top

·
Registered
517 Posts
it's a scam.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Ditto to the above.

You should always run a Top Tier fuel and like RWL11 stated add a catch can. The Techron is good stuff as mentioned, why I always try to get Chevron or Texaco gas.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Agree that fuel system service without a reason is not required. However, I have owned several vehicles that were experiencing hesitation and rough running in the past. The dealer recommended injection and induction service and in every case, it corrected the problem. Don't be too quick to dismiss the benefits just because some dealers try to sell you the service when it is not warranted.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Spark plugs at 30k for 5.7 engines

1 - 13 of 13 Posts