Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As the title states...looking for dealer recommendations in the ATL metro area. I'm looking to buy a new Challenger, so any input you have regarding sales and/or service would be useful.

I've only bought one Dodge - a Durango, in the last 6 or 7 years, from Dallas Dodge (Dallas, GA). I have very little experience with other dealers around town.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Danny

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I live in Birmingham, AL and I can definitely recommend a dealer here. PM me if you need the info. No Birmingham dealers ordered a Shaker so I bought mine in ATL. I used Landmark in Morrow, GA. I have no issues with them but easier dealers can be found close by. Also Steve White is in the East and they sell all cars at invoice minus half the holdback. Luke at Steve White is the number one guy to know when it comes to parts and service. They are a North Carolina dealership. PM me and I can recommend a great dealership here in Birmingham. 2.5 hour away from you and worth the trip.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you not like Dallas Dodge? I just bought my wives Rubicon from them and would have purchased my Challenger from them as well but they didn't have what I wanted. IMHO they're the best Dodge dealer I've been to since I moved to Ga. 7 years ago. The only dealer that's been better is my Temecula, Ca. dealer but that's way too far away.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger RT
386 Posts
I bought my Challenger from Ed Voyles and they were great to deal with. I have taken my car to Mall of Georgia and their service dept is great. Also, a few others in the area recommend Palmer Dodge.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I bought my 09 SRT8 from Palmer Dodge in Roswell Ga. I think N./ E. of Atl. next to the Harley shop. Back in 08 most dealers had a markup also, got my 09 for window sticker they were really easy to work with. Because I live 270 miles away I have not been back but I still get mail from them all the time

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I bought my Challenger from Ed Voyles and they were great to deal with. I have taken my car to Mall of Georgia and their service dept is great. Also, a few others in the area recommend Palmer Dodge.
I personally did a transaction on a 2014 Durango Limited at Palmer for my best friend. Very professional and the price had to be haggled a bit but my friend got to the number he wanted to pay. The sales rep met us half way between Atlanta and Birmingham to deliver the car and take back my friends 2012 Charger RT MAX. The dealership took my friends car in trade and never even saw it before the delivery. My friend is like me and keeps his cars in immaculate condition so there was no problem but I did have lunch with the sales rep and I thought as far as car buying goes in general a real internet sale can be a beautiful thing. The catch is: You have to know exactly what in the new car you want. You can't be wishy washy about colors and options. If the dealer has the vehicle, I would negotiate to buy it over the phone. I realize a HellCat purchase is a different animal and I don't know what you want to buy. I would say to to anyone who is certain they want a HellCat. Be patient.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Speak no evil

They say "If you have nothing good to say, Don't say nothing at all"..Well that's what am going to do.

P.S. "They all suck" !:2232censored:

That's why I went outta state to my my Challenger !

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,436 Posts
Do you not like Dallas Dodge? I just bought my wives Rubicon from them and would have purchased my Challenger from them as well but they didn't have what I wanted. IMHO they're the best Dodge dealer I've been to since I moved to Ga. 7 years ago. The only dealer that's been better is my Temecula, Ca. dealer but that's way too far away.
How many wives do you have, and did this "good" dealer give you a bulk-sale price?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Long story, but I've decided not to purchase new from them any more. I still bring my Durango in for oil changes and regular maintenance but I won't deal with their sales dept. again. Shame because I live close to them.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I had my oil changed by Voyles a couple of months back and visited with a sales guy while I was there, kind of established what I was looking for, told him I'd call when ready to deal but he's not there any more. I will revisit them and look into your other suggestions also. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had my oil changed by Voyles a couple of months back and visited with a sales guy while I was there, kind of established what I was looking for, told him I'd call when ready to deal but he's not there any more. I will revisit them and look into your other suggestions also. Thanks!
As fate or irony would have it, I just in the last 5 minutes found out my contact from Voyles is going to be starting at Palmer next week. I think I'll wait until next week and get convo started again with him, for starters.

Thanks for the info, all!

Danny

·
Registered
15 Posts
How many wives do you have, and did this "good" dealer give you a bulk-sale price?
Fat fingers and iPhone combo make for some mistakes. It is a shame that Dallas Dodge did whatever they did. I would like to hear if you don't want to post in here I'd like a PM if you don't mind.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a shame that Dallas Dodge did whatever they did. I would like to hear if you don't want to post in here I'd like a PM if you don't mind.
Oh well...it wasn't something they just "did," although there was a final straw. Suffice to say my experience buying from them in '08 was reasonably pleasant, but since then I've seen their management and sales crew evolve into something so uninformed, annoying and imbecilic that I'm no longer interested in handing my cash over to them. I'm sure there are exceptions, such as your buying experience. But like I said, I have recently had a "final straw" and flat given up on their sales and management crew. They have, on a number of occasions also made it clear that I need them more than they need me. Whatever. :dunno: There are worthier imbeciles out there :D, and thats' where my $$ will go.

·
Registered
2012 SXT
63 Posts
I live in an Atlanta suburb, bought my first Challenger at Landmark. An "OK" experience, it took a lot of pretty serious negotiating to get a fair price, though.

My current one came from Steve White Motors in NC. A night-and-day better experience than Landmark, almost no negotiating was needed and the out-the-door price was unbeatable. Plus, they had the best color choice of any dealer in the ATL area (I searched every one) and they keep several 6-speeds in stock, while the local dealers only had a very few and non in the color I wanted.

It was worth the drive. No affiliation aside from being a happy customer Here's the link to Steve White Motors:

Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Newton, NC | New & Used Car Dealer near Hickory | Parts, Service & Financing | Steve White Motors

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.